Maggie Mae and Dawn did their first parade

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBennettp

Reaction score
These were taken before the parade as they were getting dressed and ready.

Maggie

ChristmasParade6.jpg

Dawn

ChristmasParade2.jpg

These were taken a couple of days later when I dressed them so my mother (who missed the parade) could see what they looked like.

1208084.jpg

120808.jpg

They look adorable! Did you enter them in the Decorate Your Horse Contest pinned in the Miniature Horse Forum? They look very festive!

Last edited by a moderator:
I made their blankets. I was going to use red felt and white bias tape but my boss came in and handed me a bag with velvet and fake fur so that is what I used. I just put their regular blankets on and fastened the velvet ones to them. The holly on the back is a candle ring from Dollar Tree, the wreath on the front is a 6" wreath from Dollar Tree and the antlers and bows are also from Dollar Tree. Total cost to me less than $5 each plus a ton of aggravation trying to sew the velvet.

The shoes are from Build-a-Bear and are $7 a pair, 2 pairs per horse.

Mary

Nice job. I didn't notice the shoes until someone mentioned them. Great photos.

Very cute!!! Your mom looks very happy to be in between your "reindeer", LOL.

Ohhh they look so cute. I really love the idea of the rugs, they look fantastic. You certainly don't need to spend a ton of money on costumes, you just need to be creative and you certainly did that!

Back