Lyn--how is Fancy today?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairytailGlennMinis

Reaction score
Just checking in to see how Miss Fancy was doing this morning...I woke up thinking about her for some reason. She is in my prayers!

-Amy

BUPITY BUMP!!
default_yes.gif
:

I would like to know how she is as well. I hope no news is good news
default_wink.png
:

I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING, IM SURE YOUR WORRIED SICK
default_sad.png

[SIZE=18pt]Thanks everyone, Ive stopped worrying and continue praying. Worrying takes too much energy that I need. She is still on her feet, still having diarrhea, no appetite, Im force feeding her with a syringe and some soupy oatmeal with aloe juice. Im feeling like the new meds are taking too much of her appetite away although the Karafate is supposted to help her lower gut heal and the Pentoxyphyline is supposed to help with her bacterial infection.... She has a sort of Chrones disease apparently an absorption problem. I have her out in the yard today because the sun is shining and I need to clean her stall.... she just stands around but at least she is upright.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Last edited by a moderator:
Lyn, consider a little syrup for her...maybe honey or molasses. You know how it is when your blood sugar is low and she isn't eating much, right? You could mix it right in with the oatmeal. Will she eat wet beet pulp? It's a little energy for her if she will, easy to digest, etc. In fact, you could wet some and leave it in her feed dish to munch on "whenever"....even sprinkle a few flax seed and some vit/min in with it. Since it isn't grain she won't overload. I do think the meds are helping her feel less hungry, also.

It might help YOU to be able to relax a little also -- if she will begin to "self-feed"
default_yes.gif
: Hoping you both get feeling better.

[SIZE=18pt]Lyn,[/SIZE]

I've been keeping up with your posts on Fancy! Sure hope she starts feeling better soon! As Bess stated, a little honey or molasses my help her to get interested in eating on her own again! My thought's and prayers are with you and Fancy!

Bill

[SIZE=14pt]Bess. I am putting Karo into her oatmeal, Im also giving her some beet pulp but she is ignoring it.... I just cleaned her stall and put her back in with a pan of sweet feed and hay and some chopped apples. I will see what she does with that. The only problem with the Karo is that too much and it contributes to her diarrhea. Barry is getting her some more metamucil ..... I have added some of our Herbalife Cell activator it is a group of herbs that heal the villi in your intestines which is where she has trouble.... the vet sait mostly in her "back gut" so I am working on healing that area. She still only lays down occassionally. She is a real figher.... she was when she came here as a yearling in such bad shape.... she should have probably died then she was so bad off and she didnt. With her lab results she should be dead now according to Blacksburg and Blue Ridge yet there she stands. God has been good to her this week.... I will fight as long as she does![/SIZE]

Lyn

[SIZE=14pt]Hope there's improvement soon.[/SIZE]

Keeping Fancy in my prayers........come on girl, get better! How are you feeling Lyn??

[SIZE=14pt]Thanks ..... Im running a fever and Im havingtrouble exhaling but I wont give up till Fancy tells me to.... Every time I go out and she is laying down even though her respirations seem more labored...she gets up and gets a little drink.... Im going to take her off some of the antibiotics... I think they are wrecking her appetite. I will keep the smzs and the Karafate and the metamucil and see what happens.... All the antibiotics in the world arent going to help if she wont eat and water doesnt sustain you forever. I wish she would just let me know how long she wants to stay.... I feel like she is staying just because she thinks I need her to.... Sounds stupid I know... but thats the "impression" Im getting from her...... She usually is pretty good about telling me stuff but this time she isnt.[/SIZE]

Lyn :no:

Awww poor Fancy. Sure hope she comes around fast. If she is still getting up and moving around there must be hope.

My opinon for what it is worth.

We had a mare that had some issues a few years back. She did not eat for a month and a half(the whole time she was in foal and stayed in foal as well as nurseing a foal). She drank but that was it. We only had her on SMZ and that was for about 2 months. She is fine now, but still a bit thin and I dont think she will ever get the full weight back.

I would go get a thing of live cultured plain yogurt. We use this on our babys who get the runs and it clears them up. It wouldnt hurt to try and it wont harm her at all if it dont work.

Thanks ..... Im running a fever and Im havingtrouble exhaling but I wont give up till Fancy tells me to.... Every time I go out and she is laying down even though her respirations seem more labored...she gets up and gets a little drink.... Im going to take her off some of the antibiotics... I think they are wrecking her appetite. I will keep the smzs and the Karafate and the metamucil and see what happens.... All the antibiotics in the world arent going to help if she wont eat and water doesnt sustain you forever. I wish she would just let me know how long she wants to stay.... I feel like she is staying just because she thinks I need her to.... Sounds stupid I know... but thats the "impression" Im getting from her...... She usually is pretty good about telling me stuff but this time she isnt.Lyn
[SIZE=14pt]Oh Lyn I am so very sorry about Fancy loosing her sweet little foal and now you are battling to keep her alive.
default_pray.gif
: Maybe she isn't telling you because she is unsure herself. Time will tell and I know you want to do what's right for and YOU ARE
default_wub.png
: Give this burden to GOD and keep asking him to help you do what is right. If Fancy wants to stay with you, she WILL Get better. Have Faith![/SIZE]

Lots of HUGS and Prayers
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

Jenny

[SIZE=14pt]Ashley she is getting yogurt also... she isnt very steady on her feet but she does continue to get up. As I said before I will fight for her as long as she wants to fight. I have put it in Gods hands.... I feel responsible for her being on this planet and I will let her go if it is her time but I wont hasten that. She doesnt seem to be in pain like she was last weekend . She was grinding her teeth and yawning then. Im doing the best I can.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Ahhh Debbie, you beat me to it. I was going to suggest Bonnie too!

Lyn is there anything I can do to help you and Fancy? I'd offer to take her, but think that would make her feel worse. I am praying for you both.

Ginny StP

[SIZE=14pt]Thanks Ginny, She would have only ended up next to Tess..... I think she was calling to her tonight.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Latest posts

Back