Love all the new babies!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheryl

Reaction score
I have been really enjoying all the posts and photos about the new babies born on this list. I am really glad people share them. I check in this forum pretty frequently to see the newest happenings. I notice many people include a picture with the birth announcement.

So why is that when I post pictures (not foals) they get moved to the photo forum? My pictures were not the least bit educational or informative, but I am not sure that the others are either. I am not mad or insulted, I just really don't understand the rules.

I am as confused as you are.
default_wacko.png
:

I thought foal pictures had to be posted on the 'pinned area' devoted to new foals!

Since the photo area has been created, I only post pics there, just to be on the safe side.

I don't understand the rules either!

Thank you! I have been wondering the same thing, just didn't have the guts to say it
default_sad.png

I think the answer to that is that there is no concrete answer.
default_wink.png
: We(mods) are in the "learning phase" right now too, so are doing the best we can.
default_yes.gif
:

When we added the new Photos/Video Forum, it was agreed to that we would allow new foal announcements on the main forum, but after the initial announcement or the first set of foal pics, all others after that get posted on the Photos Forum, and if not, they get moved there.

Pics get posted or moved to the Photos/Video Forum if they are non-educational. Not ALL pics have to be put/moved to the new Photos Forum...ones that are used for educational purposes remain on the main forum...new foal pics also, and I think it was agreed NEW horse show wins too. All others get moved to the Photos Forum.

Hope this has helped to answer your question.

Also, I should add...Mary Lou will hopefully correct me if I am wrong in any of this...as I said, it's a learning experience for us too.
default_yes.gif
:

Well, to the best of my understanding............
default_unsure.png
:

birth anouncements with a few new baby pics get to be on the main forum.

uneducational, just for fun, cute lil pics go on the photos side.

if anything other than that gets moved it means its a busy day on the forum, and the mods had to change around some things to keep traffic moving on the main fourm.
default_yes.gif
:

the excessive amounts of pics were not only clogging the main forum, but also they take time to load, which is hard on some dial up users. As for me, im photo crazy!!!! and i like the fact that on the sub-forum you cant post UNLIMITED pics without anyone caring. on the main forum, its best to be respective of both dial up users, and people with informational posts/questions that may be overlooked from too many just-for-fun posts.

thanks Mona, ya beat me to it! i like your anwer beter. lol. :bgrin

Oh, and one more thing I thought I would mention, since I know some people don't quite understand, is that the Photos/Video Forum is basically set up to post the pics/videos of the minis, to help take the load from the main Miniature Horse Forum. What this means, is that all of the other Forums are still welcome to continue posting as they always have been...that is, things non-mini horse related on the Back Porch, Donkey pics in the Donkey Forum, pony pics in the Pony Forum...they can all remain the same as they have always been for posting pics on those forums...just the main forum is really affected by the new Photos/Video forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mona and casper for clearing that up. It seems as if I have been 'obeying the rules'.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I don't think Show Results should go to the Photos/Video Forum. What if some one posted Show Results without a photo? Then what? Just wondering...

I just really miss the old way... It almost seems too slow now
default_sad.png

Latest posts

Back