Lost our first foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked
default_new_shocked.gif

Kris is blaming the OP for what happened, therefore making the OP feel worse, and I'M the one whose wrong???

i've told you this once before,IF YOU DONT LIKE MY POSTS THEN LOOK THE OTHER WAY! i dont get what is so very hard about that that you cant seem to understand
default_rolleyes.gif

all you are doing is ticking me off and putting fuel to the fire, so to speak.

you think i'm annoying and tiring? look in the mirror, you are annoying and tiring to me.
Yes, you are the one who is in the wrong, you are the one who answered the post rudely and in a hostile manner.

And again, what is sauce for the goose. etc. If you do not like my posts, stop shouting and throwing your toys out of the pram at me, it will not get you your own way. I am not antagonising you, I am merely making a point.

You need to learn the difference.

Every time someone says something you do not like you go off the deep end, using capital letters (shouting) and rude attitudes.People are very tolerant of you, myself included, as we realise you are swimming against the stream, and it is not easy for you to relate to other peoples problems.

Please just read the posts addressed to you in the light in which they are meant, and stop assuming that we are all against you, the world does not owe you a living because you have problems and, believe me, out there in the "Real World" you will be cut no slack at all. Here on the Forum we will work round you as much as we can, and I have seen many people being careful to do so. How do you respond?

Rudely and belligerently.

Slow down, take a deep breathe, and accept the words on the screen for what they are saying, not what you read into them.

Please.

Now, you have a problem with dogs?

Fine, but, it is your problem, not the problem of the world at large. You are just not old enough to make the kind of sweeping statements, totally unsupported by fact, that you do. I have been working with problem dogs, professionally, for 20 years now- I am pretty sure that is longer than you have been alive?

PLEASE do not shout that doing something for a long time does not mean a person knows what they are talking about, this will get you no support as the vast majority of the people on this forum have huge fountains of knowledge, garnered only and completely form working with animals for a very long time.

ALL my knowledge of equine midwifery comes purely form having done it for years and years.

Sometime, Molly, you just have to accept that people actually do know what they are talking about, and actually do know more than you.

This is one of those times.

You know nothing about canine psychology, and you do not wish to learn.

That is fine.

Just stop shouting as if you do.

Please.

Yes, you are the one who is in the wrong, you are the one who answered the post rudely and in a hostile manner.

so Kris is in no wrong at all even though the only thing he/she is doing is making the OP feel like crap? Do you know Kris, is that why you have his/her back so much?

And again, what is sauce for the goose. etc. If you do not like my posts, stop shouting and throwing your toys out of the pram at me, it will not get you your own way. I am not antagonising you, I am merely making a point.

You need to learn the difference.

by you answering my posts you should know by now that all it does is tick me off, yet you do it anyway. that, to me, is antagonizing.

Every time someone says something you do not like you go off the deep end, using capital letters (shouting) and rude attitudes.People are very tolerant of you, myself included, as we realise you are swimming against the stream, and it is not easy for you to relate to other peoples problems.

Please just read the posts addressed to you in the light in which they are meant, and stop assuming that we are all against you, the world does not owe you a living because you have problems and, believe me, out there in the "Real World" you will be cut no slack at all. Here on the Forum we will work round you as much as we can, and I have seen many people being careful to do so. How do you respond?

and in that sentence i have lost all respect for you. that was extremely rude and uncalled for. do you seriously think i dont know that? do you think i'm stupid? i may have a minor form of autism but that doesnt mean i'm stupid! you also have no idea the problems i have and the things i have seen and lived through. i have seen things that no adult should see, never mind a kid.

if someone was ticking you off would you repond kindly? i doubt it.

Slow down, take a deep breathe, and accept the words on the screen for what they are saying, not what you read into them.

Please.

Just because you say 'please' doesnt take away any of the insults you have thrown at me.

Now, you have a problem with dogs?

yeah, i was attacked by one.

Fine, but, it is your problem, not the problem of the world at large. You are just not old enough to make the kind of sweeping statements, totally unsupported by fact, that you do. I have been working with problem dogs, professionally, for 20 years now- I am pretty sure that is longer than you have been alive?

So because i'm not 50 means that everything i know and have lived through is just thrown out the window?

PLEASE do not shout that doing something for a long time does not mean a person knows what they are talking about, this will get you no support as the vast majority of the people on this forum have huge fountains of knowledge, garnered only and completely form working with animals for a very long time.

i saw a 'dog behaviourist' that couldnt teach a dog to sit, and she has been a 'dog behaviourist' for 15yrs, so because she had been 'training' for 15yrs means she's the expert even though she cant make a dog sit?

ALL my knowledge of equine midwifery comes purely form having done it for years and years.

Sometime, Molly, you just have to accept that people actually do know what they are talking about, and actually do know more than you.

i realize that, but when the info is recieved with insults i dont take it. Knowledge and advice can be given without insults, believe it or not.

This is one of those times.

You know nothing about canine psychology, and you do not wish to learn.

That is fine.

Just stop shouting as if you do.

Please.

again, please doesnt just erase everything you just said

I have to agree with Molly's Run Minis in that Kris' comments more than likely made the op feel like crap and she sure doesn't need any type of guilt thrust upon her. The poor woman has been through a horrific experience and really doesn't need to be condemned.

Last edited by a moderator:
My OPINION is if people feel the NEED to ARGUE with each other.. Take it PRIVATE please..
Thanks Mary Lou for your opinion and agree 100 %

This forum is to learn, share, and try to treat people

the way you would like to be treated.

It is getting hard with some folks, see some that just like to stir things up at times, maybe they are just bored or just do not care for certain members,
default_no.gif

Seen this a lot lately.

Would be nice to create more topics of interest, but some are afraid to share.

Need to get back to learning and sharing our experiences and if possible

think before replying.

We need to learn to be more sensitive to peoples feelings.
default_wub.png

My OPINION is if people feel the NEED to ARGUE with each other.. Take it PRIVATE please..
Agreed 100% This post started out as someone losing their poor foal and their dog now it's turned into a war she doesn't need on her post.

i sincerely apologise Relic, i never meant to turn your post into a fight. The horrible way Kris responded to your post angered me, and the fact that rabbitsfizz stuck up for Kris and threw my problems in my face angered me even more. i should've just ignored them. i'm sorry.
default_no.gif

i hope you feel better soon, and know that you did the right thing
default_smile.png

I have been in your situation before with a dog and a chewed up foal. I also did not know if the foal was alive or dead at the time the dog got to it. I did the opposite of you and gave the dog a second chance (huge regret). Again this dog was 8 yrs old and had been with the horses and foaling all along never an issue. 3 weeks later I walked into another mare foaling early and saw the worst sight I have ever seen. My dog was actually biting at the placenta and foal as the mare was foaling. I was horrified. This was a black lab that was as sweet as could be. I assumed as everyone else has, that the first foal was previously dead at birth. I don't know what happened, if it was the taste of fresh blood or what, but seeing my dog grabbing at a placenta and foal that was not even out of the mare yet was horrible. The dog was immediately chained up and was taken to the humane society who stated they would probably not adopt him out due to what happened as they stated that it almost always gets worse and could not take the liability.

I fully believe you did the right thing as hard as it was. I have been in your shoes and wish I had done what you did. I hope this helps put you at ease on your decision. I cried over both for a long time. It is easy to say just keep the dog away from the horses, but in my situation the dog was raised with the horses from the time he was 6 months old with never an issue. I, to this day, don't know why he turned at 8 yrs old but know that I will never have a dog with my horses again.

ML I 100% thank you for posting that. The message board has become a place where we're all walking on glass. I'm sorry but Rabbitsfizz hit the nail on the head when she said

I realize saying what I'm about to say is continuing this myself but so many of us are getting so fed up of this. If Kris had an opinion - it's her opinion, that should be respected. If the OP didn't want or expect to hear both sides here then perhaps the post would have only mentioned the loss of the foal. Even if some members agreed with Kris (or not) they shouldn't have to endure attacks. Maybe we should all hide behind a signature line because it certainly gives some people the right to attack just about any flavor of the day individual with absolutely no consequences (wait and see how quickly this triggers a response). I'd hate to ban anyone under 18 because of the actions of one from the "adult forum" but the friendliness of this message board has gone downhill drastically lately and many, many members are afraid to even post their opinions in case others take it personally. I'm a very patient person but this issue has become so one sided that even I've had enough.

Rabbit has been a valued part of this MB for a long time and she has some very valuable information to share. Some of the things that were said to her were disgraceful. I know - she has her own big girls pants and doesn't need my help, but seriously this is getting ridiculous!

So ML, your OPINION is if people feel the NEED to ARGUE with each other.. Take it PRIVATE please. SO other than asking...what happens is they don't? Because there is literally hardly a day that goes by anymore with everyone having to bend to one persons opinions or face the wrath.

?

ML I 100% thank you for posting that. The message board has become a place where we're all walking on glass. I'm sorry but Rabbitsfizz hit the nail on the head when she said

I realize saying what I'm about to say is continuing this myself but so many of us are getting so fed up of this. If Kris had an opinion - it's her opinion, that should be respected. If the OP didn't want or expect to hear both sides here then perhaps the post would have only mentioned the loss of the foal. Even if some members agreed with Kris (or not) they shouldn't have to endure attacks. Maybe we should all hide behind a signature line because it certainly gives some people the right to attack just about any flavor of the day individual with absolutely no consequences (wait and see how quickly this triggers a response). I'd hate to ban anyone under 18 because of the actions of one from the "adult forum" but the friendliness of this message board has gone downhill drastically lately and many, many members are afraid to even post their opinions in case others take it personally. I'm a very patient person but this issue has become so one sided that even I've had enough.

Rabbit has been a valued part of this MB for a long time and she has some very valuable information to share. Some of the things that were said to her were disgraceful. I know - she has her own big girls pants and doesn't need my help, but seriously this is getting ridiculous!

So ML, your OPINION is if people feel the NEED to ARGUE with each other.. Take it PRIVATE please. SO other than asking...what happens is they don't? Because there is literally hardly a day that goes by anymore with everyone having to bend to one persons opinions or face the wrath.

?

how many other people want me out of this forum?

i'm dead serious right now....how many others would rather have me gone?

ML, please dont lock or delete this, i have to know, how many others want me out of here and/or are sick of me?

Mollys Run, I love having you back. Please don't leave because of a couple of rude comments. If things have been unfriendly lately, it is NOT because of you. I have really enjoyed seeing some your posts. There will always be people against you, you just gotta roll with the punches. HUGS
default_smile.png

I'm sorry miniwhinny, but your post was extremely uncalled for. Mollys Run had already posted an apology. And for the record, the only time I've seen her get defensive lately is when posts have come across as rude in the first place.

I'm sorry Mary Lou for adding. I just get frustrated when people pick on others-there's never a good reason for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back