Lost our first 2009 foal today!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwminis

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Our mare Creamy went into labor about 4 PM today! The bubble started out and it was a red bag! Then a white bubble and no baby!
default_sad.png
I went in while Wanalynn held Creamy and the baby was breech and all twisted up!
default_sad.png
I found the back feet and got the baby out, but it was gone! It's gums and tongue were very white, which tells me it was dead for a while![/SIZE]

The cord was wrapped around its belly about 5 times and it was very tight!

Took Creamy in to get her flushed and our vet found a tear, so she's on Penicillin, Gentamicin, & Banamine for the next 5 days! Please say a little prayer for Creamy, she's not out of the woods yet!

Bill & Wanalynn

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no! :DOH! So sorry you lost the foal and certainly praying for a full recovery for Creamy.

default_no.gif
:No-Sad I'm so sorry to hear this!!! I hope your mare recovers quickly!!!!{{HUGS}}

default_no.gif
So very sorry for your lose. My prayers to Creamy and your farm.

Well, darn Bill & Wanalynn! Sorry you lost the foal and I sure hope Creamy is all right!
default_sad.png

I'm sorry Bill. {{{{Hugs}}}} for you and your mare.

Oh no........Poor Creamy! Thinking good thoughts for her and you both........

Oh Dear. I am so sorry that you lossed a little one. I had you both on my mind all day today. Now I know why.

Love to Creamy.

Jan

Gosh I hate that, sad enough to lose a foal..then to have to worry about your mare. Been there, prayers for lil Creamy. My deepest sympathy for your loss.

Well gee, Bill......that is certainly NOT good news.
default_no.gif
I'm so sorry, and will keep Creamy in my prayers.

Oh no! I'm so sorry! Give Creamy AND you & Wannalyn a hug from me! You did GREAT getting it out and saving Creamy's life! My heart breaks for all 3 of you!

Viki

Im so sorry to hear about your loss of your foal. IM glad you were quick to help your mare though and she will be alright! Take care and hopefully things will go great for your mare Creamy next year!! Laura

Prayers to you and Creamy
default_no.gif
It was good that you were there to help her out, though. I do think the "man above" is watching over us at these times.

Latest posts

Back