Lost my avatar photo...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

targetsmom

Reaction score
Looks like I am not the only one that lost the photo in my avatar during the upgrade. I am unable to load another one. Any suggestions? I don't think everyone had this issue because I can't imagine that all the photos I see were loaded today.

I was wondering about that. Looks like mine is still there, but I haven't paid attention to whether or not its still workings, its a scrolling one.

Looks like its stuck on one picture. Wonder if I'll be able to continue using a scrolling avatar, or if I'll have to change to a plain one?

How do you upload an avatar now? I feel like I must spare you all from the current one (me!)
default_biggrin.png

Got it! But I did like before when we could have the avatar for the forum, but a personal picture (if we wanted) on our profile page. Neat to see each other
default_smile.png

OMG!!! This is all a surprize! I thought my computer had flipped out when I just came on to the Forum today!

How do you upload an avatar now? I feel like I must spare you all from the current one (me!)
default_biggrin.png
oh gosh, mine is also me! Don't want that...it was 4 years before I would even load one for profile. I sure don't want to see ME in a post! I am off to figure this thing out. My horses are much better looking than me.

My avatar only worked when you went to my profile page, otherwise it was stuck on one photo.

I changed my photo to one I like as a still photo.

Guess it was time to change the photo anyway, so I decided to do a complete revision! I guess the new forum format doesn't allow the same size photos as before, so the ones that were too big got removed.

My avatar pic is gone too, and I can't get in to edit my profile for some reason. It just does nothing when I click on profile..

Jan

Testing. What's weird is in Google Chrome, I see an old picture of myself but in Internet Explorer, I see my normal photo of one of my horses.

Test #2

oh gosh, mine is also me! Don't want that...it was 4 years before I would even load one for profile. I sure don't want to see ME in a post! I am off to figure this thing out. My horses are much better looking than me.
Even funnier: I tried to change my avatar (which was stuck on my profile pic) last night and was having no success. So I gave up. This morning I found that it did change over to one I was trying to use (horses rather than me). Surprise!

Brilliant , Ive been able to choose a better pic for my avatar now that theyre bigger , Thankyou

Well, for whatever the reason, even though Mary Lou and I were both running the exact same version of Windows Internet Explorer 9, we were seeing things differently. Hers was showing uip as it should (I guess) and mine wasn't the same. (We exchanged screen captures to compare). Well, I just downloaded and installed Mozilla Firefox and am ECSTATIC to report mine is now looking the same, and my "issues" are solved! YAY!!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
So in case anyone is beyond frustrated and can;t get things worked out any other way, you can always try that too!
default_aktion033.gif

Will rotating avatars be possible with the new format? Mine is supposed to rotate through several pictures, but its stuck on just one.

Ok, right after I posted, my avatar started rotating, but now I can't use the edit function. And the smilies and such quit working, they were fine yesterday.

Now they are working again.
default_giveup.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_frusty.gif

And, the edit function is just fine. Wonder what was going on this morning, as neither were working, and I didn't change browsers or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back