Loss of mother

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runaway ranch

Reaction score
Five years ago, my Mother had breast cancer. This past December we discovered that it had metasticized into her lungs and her lungs were filling with fluid. The cancer took her faster than even the doctors expected and she passed over on 2/21/06. I was with her as she passed. I had just gotten her a membership in AMHR and given her a colt and filly. This year, MVM Odyssey her favorite little stallion will be breeding his first mares. She had so looked forward to seeing his get. And one my mares, Sunrae's Racey Rumor (a daughter of Hobby Knoll's Little Turkey HOF) is expecting a foal on her birthday. My mother was also a close friend and we had so looked forward to working together with all my horses. It is with mixed feelings that I await my new little ones. For even thought I know that she will be here with me in spirit, I will miss her physical presence. The picture is one of her favorites taken with Odyssey. At 2 years he remains small at 28-1/4 inches.
MomOdy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]Lisa, So very sorry for the loss of your mother. May God give you peace.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Treasure the times you had with her and your horses and I am sure she will be with you always. So sorry for your loss.

Lisa, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. You couldn't ask for a much better rememberance of your Mom with your horses, then to have a foal born on your Moms special day. Maybe you can name this foal in memory of yor mom. (((HUGS))) to you. Corinne

My deepest condolences on the loss of your mother... I,too, lost my mom to lung cancer that mastisized (sp) in her brain in 2003 and I lost her within 3 months of diagnosis. I know what a debilitating disease it is and watched my mother go from a person with a Masters in Education to having the daily function of a two year old within a month... :no: I still miss her everyday.....
default_sad.png

Remember that your mom will ALWAYS be with you... and I just know that she is sending some beautiful foals your way this year...

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

I am so very sorry for the loss of your mother.

I can certainly see how the arrival of these foals will be bittersweet for you. ((((hugs)))) and prayers.

I am sorry hear about your mother, Lisa. I lost my mother about 2 1/2 years ago and then my husband this past June to cancer. Cancer is such a heartbreaking disease. Your memories of your mom will always be with you. She will be looking down from heaven and smiling at the arrival of each new foal. My deepest condolences, Lisa.

I am very sorry about your mother, how heartbreaking. I bet the foals will have a part of her in them.

Blessings and prayers to you........ May she watch over each and every foal with you in Spirit.

MA

My thoughts are with you. I am so very sorry for this tragic loss.

May the foals she dreamed of bring you comfort as you heal.

Liz M.

Awww sweetie, so sorry for your loss. Warm hugs. Your mom will be watching over each foaling stall I'm sure dear and loving every minute of it.

Memories are treasures and what a wonderful pictures this one is.

Maxine

May God Bless you. Keep the memories close of your Mother and she will always be with you.

default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
: for you during this time.

I am so sorry for your loss. May the love of this little horse comfort you, help you make it through your grieving & keep your mothers spirit with you always.

I would also like to offer my condolences on the loss of your mother.the foals will be extra special this year wait and see!

Hugs

Bonnie

I'm so sorry for the loss of you Mother ~HUGS~ I'm sure she'll be looking out for you and the coming foals!

[SIZE=10pt]I am so very sorry...I will keep you and your family in my prayers.[/SIZE]

Please accept my deepest condolences... May you find peace and comfort in your horses that held a special place in your mother's heart.

Best,

Liz R.

Lisa, as you already know, I am SOOOOO very sorry for the loss of your Mom. I can only imagine the pain of losing my Mom, and dread the day it comes. (((((HUGS)))))

Back