Looking for pics of this color...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, I'm sorry Denny tested homozygous for black, If I remember right, you were hoping he was homozygous for the cream gene; a smoky black. He too is quite nice
default_wub.png
:

No, I knew it was impossible for him to test homozygous for cream, as both parents would need to be cream carriers, and only his sire is. I actually never even tested Denny for cream, because I already KNOW he is, as his sire is a perlino. I wanted to know if he carried red and agouti. He carries neither, so is a smokey black.
default_yes.gif
:

Hi Mona,

Kathi called and mentioned you had a question about this. (Got the PM too!) I wish I could help more with the smoky silver black as I have two smoky blacks neither from 'silver' gene mares/stallions and one that is out of a silver mare x perlino stallion. All look about the same - a chocolatey brown/black. They look black until they're against a 'black' horse.

Wesco Farms LM Miss Charming (black sire x palomino dam)

charm_4-11-05.JPG
charm_2_9-21-05.jpg

Wesco Farms The Roger Baron (perlino sire x black dam)

Baroness_baron_4-2-05.JPG
baron_5-16-05.jpg

She is a blackish/brown now as a 2 yr old. I don't have any recent photos.

Wesco Farms Avrils Dresden Doll (perlino sire x silver bay dam)

avril_filly_head_5-18-04.jpg
dresden_6-24-04.jpg

Icelandic horse color

Equine Color

Last edited by a moderator:
I've wondered what this color is really called....but I think he may qualify as a silver smokey black!

His skin is still sort a mauve color.... HIs dam is a pumpkin sorrel with silver modifier giving her a cornsilk mane m/t. His sire is a smokey cream..often confused with cremello

As a weaner...

kidtrotbest1.jpg

Note the bluish violet eyes..they are now light brown with amber highlights!

head-eyeclose%208-03.jpg

I love this pic!

kidpoofy.jpg

As a 2 year old...

beau2yrrightbestsmall.jpg
Now that is a great example!

Mona,

We do not know for sure, but I think that Destiny is a smokey silver black horse. His color has several different "looks" depending on when the pictures are taken, but I do think he's smokey silver black. He has been called the funny color horse :bgrin

Jill

Destiny%202005%20Nationals%20Picture%20cropped%20smaller.jpg

Destiny%20AR%20Show%20DSCN9215.jpg

Destiny%20--%20All%20American%20Classic%20--%20May%202005%20--%20003.jpg

Destiny%20--%20Mid-South%20Fair%20--%20Day%20One%20--%204.jpg

Latest posts

Back