Looking ahead to 2012...shows!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
I know, I know...we haven't even gotten thru the winter yet, but with all the 2012 shows being listed recently, I have the "itch" to show again already...(our 1st 2012 show is in February, so only a few more months!
default_aktion033.gif
)

Here is my 2012 show string as it stands now...

"Vista del Valle's Uno Confiado"

SR Stallion, Over/Classic

1 show/point needed for his AMHR HOF in Halter

*May* show him ASPC in Halter (we'll see)

"Snowberry Farm's Jet Set"

SR Gelding, Over/Classic

*May* show him both ASPC and AMHR in Halter

*Hope* to get him driving again

"Strasslein LVL Charlie's Rosa Bella"

JR Mare, Over

AMHR in Halter

"Dale Ray Str8FromTheHeart Dot Com"

JR Mare, Under

AMHR in Halter

"Grassmere's Lil Fantasy 2nd"

SR Mare, Over

AMHR in Halter

"Winning Streak's Got Magic"

SR gelding, Under

AMHR in Halter

Who will you be showing in 2012??
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait either and 2 of the horses she listed up above in her post are my show horses. One "Heart" has been my project horse that I've been training for halter. Quite a big leap for me since I'm just getting the hang of it kind of on a trained horse lol. Also our club here in Ocala is working on bringing in some nationally recognized judges one a nationals judge for their shows up here this season.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I have a few too!

I'll be showing five, a record number for me here.

~McCarthy's Lonesome Dove

-Halter

-Colour

-Liberty

Possibly as both a mini and a pony
default_smile.png

~Bks Early Morning Joy

-Halter

-Showmanship

-Driving Western & Country

-Liberty

-Jumping

~Town & Country Pat

-Halter (needs three points!)

-Driving Roadster & other

-Liberty

~MSS A Framed Event (My first foal
default_wub.png
)

-Halter

-Colour

-Liberty

-Own, bred, & Shown by!

~RHA Captivating Chaos

-Halter

-Liberty

Not sure of the shows either yet
default_rolleyes.gif
That depends on money! I'm just looking forward to another FUN year with great friends.
default_yes.gif

I'm a total newbie with showing-my work schedule until this summer was EVERY weekend working, and I had limited personal/vacation time, and usually needed that for non-horse stuff. And of course shows are on weekends...I have a different shift now, and am off weekends, so I plan to show! I am sending one horse, one of my Billy Idol daughters, to a trainer. She has been shown before, but this way she can be professionally conditioned, shown, etc. And the trainer has said I can come anytime to see how she conditions, trains, grooms, etc. and then I can try with other horses at home. I'm not sure what other horses I will show, it will probably be a very small show string next year while Im learning. All my horses will be three years or older next year, so Im also looking around for a junior mare. Im hoping I have some babies next year that I can show also. Hmm I really need to start looking for the show stuff I need...

Forgot to add I will just be showing in halter classes, both AMHA and AMHR.

I'm totally new to the show thing too, but I'm hoping to finally get my feet wet and hit a few shows this coming spring/summer.. I've gone back and forth on WHO I want to show so many times now, but I think without a doubt I'm going to get my boy Doc (Oak Parks Oh Im Awesome) back out and showing
default_yes.gif
Think it's a smart move, it'll get him back out showing, him noticed, and plus I think he'll just be down right FUN!
default_wub.png

Oak Parks Oh Im Awesome

AMHA/AMHR Black Pinto Stallion

40015_412565764612_224524494612_4635476_5981402_n.jpg

Halter is a definite, may look into color, jumping, showmanship etc.

And if I can get her trained, I'd like to get my junior filly out and showing. She's a fun little girl, just a handful with a lot of attitude/spirit
default_wink.png

Cedar Fields Duke's Lil Duchess

AMHA/AMHR Black Pinto Filly

309171_10150278949164613_224524494612_7718896_2137443_n.jpg

Would love to get her in halter and liberty (this girl can MOVE)
default_wub.png

And depending on how those go, I may get one of the 2012 Doc kids out and showing or possibly one of the older Doc colts I have if they're still here..

Well I havent narrowed down my actual showstring yet as I have way too many picked right now
default_laugh.png
but here are my possible show horses for next year:

Bissel Mounds Monte Carlo (if I can get him back in shape)

driving, versatility, jumper, hunter, liberty, color

Arions Magnium P I (he is for sure on my showstring)

WCPD, Versatility, Jumper, Hunter, Liberty

Maple Hollows Little Bit Of Magic

Halter, Jumper, Hunter, Liberty, Color

Little Kings Remmington

Halter to start with, still needs a lot more handling before I even think about other classes!

GMR Fooler Fooled Angie (She is for sure too)

Halter, Liberty, and maybe hunter/jumper

Maple Hollows Ebony Chardonnay

Halter, Color, Liberty

Maple Hollows Dare To Dream

Halter, Color, Liberty

Maple Hollows Supreme Elegance

Halter, Color, Liberty

Maple Hollows Black Pearl (If I get her back in shape)

Halter, Color, Liberty, Hunter, Jumper, and maybe WCPD if I finish her training this winter.

These may be split into two different showstrings too for different shows as I do not even want to have this many going at one time LOL! I also have one show I will take a mare and foal to but that pair wont be determined obviously until they have all foaled.

I'll be showing all 3 of mine.

JMS Redskin Warrior (coming back to the ring since 2008)

Hunter

Jumper

Showmanship

maybe WCPD

Will be showing in obstacle and roman chariot at Nationals.

KHA Krackerjack of Hickory Hills

WCPD

Hunter

Obstacle

NFR's 2 Hot 2 Handle

Roadster (WCPD at Nationals)

Hunter

Obstacle

I will most likely be showing only Shetlands next year:

Plattes Untimely, 4 year old gelding that needs only 12 points to finish his Classic HOF

Cedar Plains Evening Star - yearling filly, not 100% sure yet if I will show her Foundation or Classic

Plattes Revelation - 3 year old mare, again not sure if I am going to keep her in Foundation (where she has 35 HOF points) or put her into Classic

Plattes Wildfyre Bay - 2 year old Classic stallion who needs 1 more Grand and some points for his HOF

Plattes Unconventional - 3 year old Classic stallion

Plattes Unadorned - 4 year old Classic mare that needs just one more Grand for her HOF

and I'd also like to bring out Plattes Unavoidable, another 4 year old Classic mare

and there is also JEM Sudden Temptation that I would like to show AMHR

and LMJ Who's Zoomin' Who, my 3 year old Foundation gelding who is so close to earning his Foundation HOF but who may now be too big to show in Foundation, which means he will have to start all over again in Classic

BUT--I am just one person & simply don't have the time to condition this many horses--nor do I have the ability to get them all ready for the ring on show day, nor do I have the $$$ to enter that many horses in any one show (nor trailer room to haul that many, and won't have the time to make 2 trips)...so I am going to have to decide the maximum number I can get ready and which ones to cut from the list.
default_sad.png

If I get to show anyone in driving or not is going to depend on our spring--if it is a nice early spring & I can do a lot of driving then I may have someone ready for showing. If it's another miserable, late spring I will not get enough time put on anyone for our first show in June.

I am a newbie to Showing as well, But I am planning on going to at least 1 Show
default_laugh.png
and just Seeing whats all involved, I'm a little Nervous!

I Plan on Bringing
default_wub.png

Desert Realms Bejeweled Design - aka: "Ember"

2009 AMHA/AMHR Sorrel Pinto Filly

Ember3monthsoldstand2009.JPG

EmberJune82010.jpg

MaresPageEmber.jpg

Desert Realms ????? now if my sister will pick a name so we can show her
default_rolleyes.gif
aka: "Toph"

2011 AMHA/AMHR (Pending) Gray Filly

Merrylegs2011Filly6DaysOld.jpg

MaresPageNew.jpg

and then One of my Secrets will be out with a Trainer next year so that should be Exciting
default_yes.gif

All of them
default_laugh.png

I only have 5, and they make up my entire show string. They are

D&W Amy's Tiffany

Hunter, Jumper, Obstacle, WCPD, Roadster, Obstacle Driving - maybe over showmanship? (if Rowdy is ready I will show him)

Bondes Bouncin B Tuxs Tango

Hunter, Jumper, Obstacle, WCPD, Obstacle Driving

Bondes Bouncin B Chiefs Glory Dayz

Hunter, Obstacle, Driving (not sure what category), Mare Halter Under

Bondes Bouncin B Red Hot N Rowdy

Gelding Halter Over, Obstacle - maybe over showmanship?

Lazy Creeks Jethro Gibbs

Gelding Halter Under, Obstacle, Under Showmanship

Our first show is in May, so right now we're just doing light training, and I'll start to really condition in February.

I'm no good at putting pictures on here, but you can see them at 4railranch.com

2-4 here!

Not sure who and when but only planning on doing some fun shows and 1 AMHR show.

But heres who Im considering...

Sr Stallion: Little Kings Sentra Supreme 31.75" smutty buckskin roan

Sr Mare: (only if not prego) Miniature Dreamlands Misty J 29" silver dapple

Jr Mare: Silver Maples Zahara Supreme 27.75" buckskin

Yearling Filly: Silver Maples Bay Queen Supreme 24" bay roan

I only show showmanship, halter, color, & liberty classes.

DSC03004_cropped_4x6_sm.jpg

DSC03371_cropped_6x4_sm.jpg

qqqqqqqqqqqqqq2.jpg

We're still finalizing the horses on the string, but have several REALLY cool horses coming out (some we own, mostly our clients though...)
default_smile.png

Just got my stallion gelded so my grandkids can show him. I plan on putting the "ole man" to a viceroy this year. So I'll be hauling 3

Simply Awesome - driving, halter, and whatever else we decide

Mandalay Bay - driving, halter, showmanship (all youth) and jumping etc. etc.

Mr. Chips - Park Harness

Then if Magic Spell is ok since he just today speared himself on the fence and had to be stitched, he'll be in Park Harness too.

My show string will just be Erica's Tanquery of WF

264698_2261558705208_1435651841_32720902_5845899_n.jpg

284612_2261559145219_1435651841_32720905_1749503_n.jpg

Photos Courtesy of Erica

We also hope to show our foal due in April later in the season.

Not totally sure yet, and almost hate to put anything down in case it becomes a jinx. We don't plan to breed next year so we can concentrate on showing.

Aloha Acres Fashion by Magic, 2004 mare

Pinto: Open halter, color, hunter, jumper, trail in hand, obstacle driving, pleasure driving, disciplined rail driving, and ideal pinto driving.

Pinto: Amateur showmanship, halter, trail in hand, driving, reinsmanship.

AMHR: halter, WCP driving, obstacle driving, halter obstacle, hunter, jumper, and liberty

ADS: Dressage, cones, turnout, working, reinsmanship

Hope I didn't forget anything!

Buckeye WCF Last Dance, 2008 mare

Pinto: Open halter, color, trail in hand, hunter, jumper,

AMHR: halter, liberty, ???

OTM Ricochet, 2010 gelding

Pinto: halter, trail in hand

OTM Alpenglow on Snow, 2010 mare

AMHR halter, halter obstacle, liberty,

SRF Masters Touch, Sr gelding

Pinto: Open halter, color, hunter, jumper, trail in hand. Want to get him to one show anyway)

Depending on fundage, I'd like to show:

Los Arboles Odysseys Samurai: Ammy/open/AOTE Jr Gelding AMHA/AMHR, obstacle, showmanship

Creta Hills Spirits Golden Amazon: Ammy/open/AOTE Jr Stallion AMHA/AMHR

Field of Dreams Forever Summer: Ammy/open/AOTE Jr Mare AMHA/AMHR

JEM Canadian Sunrise: WCP AMHR. He's a maybe, I kinda think he's tired of showing. We may just do some pleasure drives and maybe even try a CDE or something.

Dakota Capitan's Fantastica: AMHR driving, IF I get her broken and IF she isn't bred!
default_wink.png

I'm planning on showing:

•  
  • LM Idols Watch Me Like a Hawk (Billy Idol son)
  • Ten Ls Buff After Dark (Buff filly)
  • Conders A Little Unruley (Breakin All The Rules filly)

I'm really excited for next year. I don't show too much (only shown 3 times...) but I am looking into going to some AMHR shows.

I would like to go to Lavonne's (Timberviews Miniatures) 2012 clinic in May and the fun show in July. I am also hoping to show at the Iowa State Fair which will be nerve racking enough to be going against the Lundy's with one of their past foals! (I'm so excited though that Roelene will be able to see one of her homebreds in a class!)

This year will be our first year without a foal (retired the mares and sold the stallion) and I'm thinking about dedicating this year to my ex-broodmare, BL Hooten Hollow's Bow Tie.

297929_169822876437596_100002296543466_345071_449550176_n.jpg

I'm not showing to win what so ever. I'm just showing for fun and for experience. Also to meet more people.

I really need to find a mentor along the way to guide me because I am going to be clueless! LOL!

One of the things that I'm showing for is to show people what an ex-broodmare can do! What makes its special is that Bow will turn 10 next year so this kind of marks a new decade!

Ah, Tremor, I so wish you were my next door neighbor so you could come to the shows with me & help show some ponies. It would be grand to have younger help that can run so that I'm not doing all the railwork--I don't mind the running so much, but it means trading horses back & forth with my extra handlers who cannot run. Would you like to visit Manitoba for June & July this summer???
default_laugh.png

Im taking all of the boys out next year.

LTD's Domingo who will be 12 next season, and this boy STILL has it.

312034_10150372219502835_654737834_9970739_648065674_n.jpg

Either Country or roadster driving, hunter, and halter.

Zarzuelas Modigliani will be 5 next year. I got him at the end of show season this year, so im excited to really get showing him. I only got to show him once this year before the season was over.

216960_10150323492127835_654737834_9475350_4263427_n.jpg

Halter and hunter

RHA Jumping Jack Flash will be a yearling next year. Im excited, but nervous about showing him next year. I havent had a baby in years, and was really enjoying having a solidly trained horse with no show ring sillies lol I think hes going to be something really special.

297450_10150432897402835_654737834_10331605_1311702296_n.jpg

Back