Looking ahead, if you had to choose what sale to attend

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

promise

Reaction score
For all of you that have attended both or either, what sale would you attend if you had to choose between the Greencastle Pa or the Lagrange Indiana Chupps sale?

They both fall on the same weekend in May. I have family I can visit in Indiana, I live in Pa. So, if you have been to both let me know which you prefer. If you have been to just the Chupps sale, let me know what you thought. I have been to Greencastle, not to the Chupps sale.

You can post or pm me.

Just looking ahead to warmer days (not to mention, if I decide to go to Indiana, my hubby needs to put in a vacation request).

Stay warm!

Carolyn

I have been told that they fall a week apart. Chupps on May 11th and Greencastle on May 19th. You could go to both. I would be interested in hearing more about the Greencastle Sale. I have been to Chupps but not Greencastle.

Greencastle is a very big sale, they often have 200 or more consignments and it is usually standing room only. I have seen some very nice looking horses go through that sale but as with any sale it is buyer beware, some people use sales to dump their non breeding mares or horses with other problems and the buyer will not know about these problems. Also check papers carefully and make sure everything is there. I have sat in the parking lot at Greencastle and watched people beating minis to get them on their trailers which is why I don't send horses to sales, it is hard enough to get good homes when you are selling out of your barn. Not to say you can't get a nice horse at a sale but I am always suspicious.

Chupps is a very nicely done sale, limited number of stallions/colts. Chupps give very good service, no-sales are announced from the podium, lot's of nice horses there every year.

Latest posts

Back