Look at this amazing "Beast"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the gypsy vanners/irish cobs
default_wub.png
would love to have one in my pasture
default_yes.gif
Did you know they also come in appaloosa??
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif
I love how photogenic this breed is
default_wub.png

Here's a few of my favs
default_wub.png

Taskin, buckskin

My favorite mare ever, Panda Rose

OMG that looks like a real live huge "my little pony" doll!! How very cute.

There is a farm by my house who breeds gypsy vanners and gypsy drum horses, and when I was in 4H they would always bring their horses to our horse camp and such and do demos, it was really cool, and I absolutely love the breed. They are unreasonably priced here, but I beleive in ireland (I could be wrong on the country) they are pretty cheap. If ou want to drool more, check out Old Mill Farm It's the barn near me, and they have a lot of beautiful horses. Theirs ride, drive, and show halter. I used to see them with one of their vanners at team penning when I used to go.

default_wub.png
The Freelands whom we bought Fiesta from when she was dispersing her minis raises the GV and has cameras on them 24/7 and you can watch them all the time and watch them when they foal. Beth is awesome and really loves her GV Here is their site she has the most beautiful Vanners http://www.freelandsgypsyhorses.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
We have friends here in the UK who breed both the coloured and the spotted Gypsy type cobs. Here is a link www.hermitsponiesandcobs.co.uk They have some lovely coloured cobs, and I love visiting their farm as you drive down a narrow lane between their fields and sometimes there are 20 or 25 black and white cobs lined up along the fences !

I had one...a dear lady drove me bonkers to own him, so he went to a WONDERFUL home. I imported him from Ireland (way cheaper than you think!!) and over he came. First to NY City then up to snowy cold Canada. He was a sainted soul, rode him in shows and parades. He caused a HUGE stir everywhere 'cause of his color and feathers. And yes a NIGHTMARE to keep the feathers and hair clean, but wow, what great horses. I still browse and slobber and think maybe I'll get another one. Google harlequin farms and log onto their forum...they post lots of AWESOME Gypsy Horses from all over the world.

Kim

PS here is Diarmuid (Celtic for Dermot) in his freshly bathed glory.

100_5847.jpg

This is the day he got off the transport from NYC..Me thinks it was a terrible shock to his system..and you can see how DIRTY they can get LOL

diarmuidlane.jpg

Latest posts

Back