Logan 6 year old Blue-fronted Amazon

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reble

Reaction score
He sure has taken to my husband and is already trusting him.

We picked him up yesterday.

He was excited to come out, and hubby has been able to pet him and is such a ham

He has only said ummm good.. and whistles, and very active.

He loves to eat from my husband hand and has been grooming himself, eating and finally today decided

since he is used to being out, thought it was time.. and he is not afraid comes over to my husband

to get petted.

Thanks hope you enjoy the pictures. My husband has such a big smile on his face and keeps telling

me thanks for getting him, I really love him already..

Logan\'s first Day January 4th, 2012 A.jpg

Logan first day out Jan. 5th, 2012 1b.jpg

Logan first day out Jan. 5th, 2012 1a.jpg

Logan first day out Jan. 5th, 2012 1g.jpg

Logan first day out Jan. 5th, 2012 1d.jpg

He's beautiful
default_wub.png

He makes me miss my Dusty - a galah (rose-breasted cockatoo) that I had for many years...

I love him! i have a cockateil, her name is Feather! I have had her for about 12 years. I love my bird, its amazing how loving birds can be. Untill i had one i never knew how affectionate they are. Good luck with your little guy, i know he will be a wonderful new pet!
default_yes.gif

Congrats on getting him - We have an African grey and a Senegal' The grey is rather standoffish (they usually are) but has a large vocabulary - so if your guy talks be careful what you say around him! Tiki pickuped up "OH SHUT UP!" one day when I got a little fed up with the racket they were making. Luckily since I never said it again he seemed to drop it. At least I haven't heard it since. Wait til he imitates your hubby calling you - now that's confusing
default_laugh.png

Thanks for all the replies and sorry Tagalong but do understand how quickly you can get attached.

Congrats on getting him - We have an African grey and a Senegal' The grey is rather standoffish (they usually are) but has a large vocabulary - so if your guy talks be careful what you say around him! Tiki pickuped up "OH SHUT UP!" one day when I got a little fed up with the racket they were making. Luckily since I never said it again he seemed to drop it. At least I haven't heard it since. Wait til he imitates your hubby calling you - now that's confusing
default_laugh.png

Thanks yes, the owner said it did not swear but did hear one of their other rescue birds say the big bad word.. you got it he says it..

so trying to repeat (back off) so he does not keep repeating the you know what..

we have grand kids

He does say hi, hello, bye, pretty boy and mumbles a lot of other stuff.. so is starting to talk.

Loves to be sprayed with a warm water bottle not sure how often we should be doing this?

When you sing row row row your boat dances up and down too it..

Eats a lot and loves all most any thing just a taste, loves to be out of his cage, and very entertaining.

Hubby has slowed down in his smoking being now he has to go out doors.

So he is worth every penny..

Last edited by a moderator:
What a cutie!!! I've got a Grey and a Senegal too. We hand raised the grey (he's 27 now). They can make such great pets. Best of luck with yours.

I have 4 cockatiels and 2 green cheek conures.. The birds do great with clicker training..A click and a sunflower seed does wonders..lol..Enjoy your new addition.He sure is gorgeous.

Latest posts

Back