Little Enstien

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splash's mom

Reaction score
If you get a chance, I'm told that on Monday Little Einstien the mini born in Barnstead N.H. is going to be on Oprah with his owners. I just thought that was neat.

A friend told me to watch Oprah on Monday because a mini horse was going to be on it! So this confirms she didn't hear wrong! LOL

Oh darn, I missed it...

But found this for some who would like to have seen him today.
default_aktion033.gif

on the right and down a bit, is just a little video of him coming on stage, alittle clip

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Meet-Einstein-One-of-the-Smallest-Horses-in-the-World/2

Here is another video of Enstien.

http://www.urlesque.com/2010/04/28/worlds-smallest-horse-is-worlds-biggest-new-celebrity/

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a bit disappointed, they have him in a dog harness rather than a horse halter, and he just wandered about a bit...really no good shots of him, which would have been easier to obtain had they more control of him. But...he is a cute lil thing, that's for certain.

The Thumbelina "issue" was mentioned, and they did mention that she is a dwarf...but the words chosen carefully...I can imagine they would have to be. I would have simply stated that Enstien is in the running as the smallest REGISTERED miniature horse, and if asked what about Thumbilina, simply have replied that she is a dwarf, and therefore unregisterable. No mis-truth in that, if Enstein indeed is not a dwarf upon maturity; which I sincerely hope is not the case.

I just now watched the 'Einstein' segment on Oprah. Like Sue C., I was a bit taken aback that the owners brought him out in a DOG HARNESS. Made me wonder if they hadn't gotten him properly used to a halter?

He is cute as a bug, and to their credit, he was NOT clipped, suitable to this time of year. That said, at times he appeared a bit 'roach' backed, but, it could have just been the fuzz. Otherwise, he still looked pretty proportionate; his head is a bit long, but that's not unusual in a good number of minis, esp.the 'tinies', IMO...it just comes with the territory(i.e., teeth don't reduce in size as 'quickly', and the jaw has to accomodate them.) I am anxious to see how he develops as he matures.

Margo

I just now watched the 'Einstein' segment on Oprah. Like Sue C., I was a bit taken aback that the owners brought him out in a DOG HARNESS. Made me wonder if they hadn't gotten him properly used to a halter?

He is cute as a bug, and to their credit, he was NOT clipped, suitable to this time of year. That said, at times he appeared a bit 'roach' backed, but, it could have just been the fuzz. Otherwise, he still looked pretty proportionate; his head is a bit long, but that's not unusual in a good number of minis, esp.the 'tinies', IMO...it just comes with the territory(i.e., teeth don't reduce in size as 'quickly', and the jaw has to accomodate them.) I am anxious to see how he develops as he matures.

Margo

Ditto.

The "dog" harness was unfortunate, although I do understand using them at home while training weaners, but it would have been much better if he'd been in a horse halter and able to lead and stand - which is not a stretch for a horse of his age.

As for his back - more than a bit roached I say.

I hope he matures without "dwarf" characteristics, but I don't think that back will get any better (it wasn't the fuzz imo); only worse probably. Having said that, he's cute as can be, but would loved to have seen one of the National or World Grand Champions featured with their stunning looks and excellent conformation.

Like Paris with her dog in her purse, I am sure we will see many people running around with tiny minis in dog harnesses thinking its cute after this episode. I'd say if you are trying to sell your dwarfs, the market for them just got a lot better.

Like Paris with her dog in her purse, I am sure we will see many people running around with tiny minis in dog harnesses thinking its cute after this episode. I'd say if you are trying to sell your dwarfs, the market for them just got a lot better.

What Matt said.

I was really put off by the dog harness. That was the first thing I saw. It was glaring. Made him walk a little funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mary Lou he is just as cute as can be and really not sure what the issue with the dog harness is.. I mean not what I use for sure but it is not like he was running around totally out of control on stage.

He was simply adorable.

This is a genuine question.

Could the rise of Einstein's back be just normal growth?

With some dogs they grow front end, then back end then in the middle.. and back & forth.

They seem like really nice people- thanks for the link to the show segment.

I am somewhat concerned too that the shape of his back is not all hair. There was one shot of him eating grass where it was quite evident- but I will admit, he is a little cutie and seemed quite at home there on stage. His little face looking up at Oprah was adorable.

I too am curious how he will turn out and what size he will be.

If you follow the first link there are some comments on there that I think are very, very telling!

Not everyone is happy about this little chap (me included) Not the happiness etc that he is bringing to his owners, that's fine.

It is the real ingrained denial that has me worried....

I'm going to have to agree with Rabbitsfizz and a few others.. There's always been that nagging feeling of "somethings not right" with this entire situation (and not just the horse himself) for me, but with the publicity and the outlook others (specifically non-horse people) will have on our miniature horses..
default_no.gif

you know, I don't know how tall he was at birth or what he weighed but..Tonys little colt, Fan Man is only 21 inches and I think he is about the same age...seems Einstein was 14 inches at birth if I remember correctly and thats quite a growth spurt at 5 months don't you think? Wonder how he will mature...guess we all will be watching...cute lil begger tho ..love his witto face

you know, I don't know how tall he was at birth or what he weighed but..Tonys little colt, Fan Man is only 21 inches and I think he is about the same age...seems Einstein was 14 inches at birth if I remember correctly and thats quite a growth spurt at 5 months don't you think? Wonder how he will mature...guess we all will be watching...cute lil begger tho ..love his witto face

My little boy was about that height around that age too (21" at 5 months). I referenced the growth chart. Granted its give or take an inch but he could easily measure to be 25-27" when done fully growing, especially considering that growth spurt (and if similar ones continue). I think I read some where that his breeder even said he was born too early (thus the small size). If I'm recalling correctly and thats the case then he should catch up in size to what he was supposed to be, right?

Man his face sure is cute though! I know I wouldn't be able to resist it
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back