Lily's Foal Watch

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_smile.png
I m so happy with the little filly...she is a piggie though. Mom is doing really great with her and has peed and pooped today. I do have a call in to the other vet so Im waiting to hear back
default_smile.png

Just talked to vet he is going to come out today...not sure when yet as he is going to squeeze me in as to not charge a emergency fee....very nice guy! But he will be out to see her

default_smile.png
Congratulations on your filly. I'm glad your wait is finally over!!! She is so BEAUTIFUL, I love her markings and color
default_smile.png

She is such a spunky girl....momma is having a hard time keeping her close by LOL

Oh your little filly is just adorable, she's such a pretty girl, but then so is Lily.
default_yes.gif

I think you are wise to ask a vet to check on Lily, I'm pretty sure it is just the swelling from a rather 'difficult' first birth, and it will go down in time, but a check 'inside' would be sensible and maybe there is something special that will help the swelling to subside.

Please let us know how the vsit goes.

ok vet just left...Lily and baby look great! They jelly looking stuff is actually as he tried to explain it almost like a water blister. He said that should go down. the swelling has already started going down. The tears are small he said and wont require any stitches. He did give some antibiotics to keep on them
default_smile.png
everyone looks good though

I wanted to be sure she was safe
default_smile.png
Baby and mom are doing so good
default_smile.png
I couldnt be any happier

Great news - so glad all was well. As Diane said, we really cannot afford to take any chances with our precious girls.
default_yes.gif

So - more pics of your special pair tomorrow please - has baby got a pet name yet?

Yes Baby filly's name is Harmony! I will update more pictures tomorrow I promise. You guys are so awesome on here and are wonderful to those of us who are clueless.......I thank you all. You made me calm when i panic and you helped with any questions
default_smile.png
Thank you so much for your time

This has been such a learning experience and still so much to learn. I lvoe this area because you guys are all so positive...theres no argueing or mean posts at all.....you guys are awesome. I cant wait to see som of the pending mares finally have tehir babies!

Thank YOU for allowing us to share in Lily's foaling journey - love that name of Harmony, just perfect for her.
default_yes.gif

And please stay around, both so we can have regular updates and pics of Lily and Harmony, and because those of us who are foaling later this year will certainly need your support!

Yeah you better stick around, you have to be here when Mary decides to show us her baby!

So glad to hear Lily & Harmony (great name!) are doing good! Can't wait for more pictures of the new pair
default_smile.png

.....what do your kids think??

My girls are so thrilled.The baby is such a sweetie loves to be scratched. Even did the lip curling thing earlier. Ben Im not leaving til I see a few of these mares with babies....then Ill peek in from time to time to see whats going on
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So glad to hear that momma and baby are both doing well. Congratulations again!

Thanks....They are doing great....both are eating, peeing and pooping. everyone is active and lily doesnt seem to be bothered by the tears. She hasnt tried to itch them or anything. Ive been putting the cream on her and she is already looking much better!

I need to post more pictures but its storming out....But This little girl is going to be a handful
default_smile.png
Shes running around and already trying to buck and rear....neither of which have been completely successful...they have ended with a fall to the ground but its so cute
default_smile.png

Quick question...The flies down here in florida are really bad this year....is there anything safe to spray the filly with so she no aggrivated by them so much?

Latest posts

Back