Life really sucks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic

Reaction score
Two mares full term healthy as can be and both mares and foals are gone just like that...for me it just doesn't get more depressing then that. l'm TERRIFED at the other 12 still to foal withinin the coming week. Today l feel like a murderer it's almost unbareable if l didn't breed them they would still be here. Only 12 more to go l'm in panic mode what a nightmare life throws some years....
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
l know l'm feeling so sorry for myself and also for my other 12 mares to still foal out whose life l could have a hand in cutting short...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry to hear that. Best wishes to you and the rest of your mares.
default_sad.png

Two mares full term healthy as can be and both mares and foals are gone...for me it just doesn't get more depressing then that. l'm TERRIFED at the other 12 still to foal withinin the coming week. Today l feel like a murderer it's almost unbareable if l didn't breed them they would still be here. Only 12 more to go l'm in panic mode what a nightmare life throws some years....
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
l know l'm feeling so sorry for myself and also for my other 12 mares to still foal out whose life l could have a hand in cutting short...
Oh so so sorry, do not blame yourself, nature can be so cruel, we have no control, can only do the best we can.

I am sure this has been very hard on you, so please remember you have 12 more to go..

That is alot of mares still to foal..

Thinking of you in your time of need, and
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
for all healthy foals, with no problems for you and your mares.

Oh, Dawn!!!!
depresse.gif

I am so sorry to read this post!!!

2008 was the first year where we had a planned foal crop (two foals prior but we'd bought mares despite the fact that they were in foal). First mare to foal was a beautiful show and driving horse I had bought from a good friend. We loved the mare so much and same as what you have gone through. We lost her and her foal despite a lot of hard work from the vet and us basically all night long.

I remember how I felt so guilty. I felt like if I had a magic wand, I would wave it and have no horses at all. I just wanted to make everything go away and we had 3 more mares heavy due to foal any day. It felt like I couldn't breath from the anxiety and guilt.

My vet told me some words that helped. He said he knew I'd bred Goldie because of all the qualities I loved in her and hoped to see in her foal. You cannot expect some outcomes, and it's a breeder's worst nightmare to loose a mare but it is not anything any of us expect. It is not your fault. You could not have predicted these heart breaking results.

I hope you will have a new, healthy foal soon. We had our first come 4 days after loosing Goldie. I'll never forget her, of course, but the new foal did help us feel much better.

Again, I'm just so very sorry. I know that there are many of us here who have unfortunately felt the same pain you are feeling and I know every one of us wishes we knew a way to help you feel better. These things can and do happen despite our best laid plans and utmost care being taken. I am just so sorry
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Dawn..........So very sad
default_no.gif
to read your post. I do totally agree don't blame yourself.......sometimes bad things happen.......no matter how hard we try. I am sending all my positive thoughts and prayers to you.
default_wub.png

So very-very sorry...{{{{Hugs}}}}

Warm wishes, and hopes that there will soon be the pitter-patter of tiny feeties thoughout your barn.

I'm so sorry!! Losing a mare in foaling is such a tragedy, but to lose two in a row ... how awful, my thoughts are with you guys.

Only good thoughts for your mares left to foal! I'm sure you must have used up all your bad luck - for the next 10 years maybe.

So very sorry for your losses.... <<hugs>> Praying the rest of your foalings are uneventful.

Sorry to hear about your losses but wishing you all the best on all your other mares.

So Sorry for your loss. Hang in there for your 12 mares they need you.

OMG ...I'm so very sorry
default_no.gif

words cannot say how sorry I am

I too pray your remaining mares in foal

have uneventful foalings giving you beautiful foals

to help with your pain

I am so sorry!! That has got be every breeders worst nightmare.... I sure hope the rest of your season is uneventful.

My sympathy goes out to you along with prayer for future blessings. So sorry. You no doubt are understandably dealing with a load of grief. Hope it is all better soon.

((((BIG HUGS)))) So sorry that you are going thru this. Don't blame yourself. It will happen.

I am so sorry about the loss of your mares and foals. It is the part of foaling season that we all fear.
default_no.gif

I am sure the other 12 will do just fine.

OMG, I am so sorry. The words sound rather lame in a situation such as this, but dont know what else to say. I can only imagine your absolute heartbreak, but this is nature and do not blame yourself. Huge hugs to you and hope that the rest of your season will be ok.

OMG Dawn, I can't even imagine! I'm SO deeply sorry!!
default_crybaby.gif

{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}

I am so sorry. You have some beautiful horses and love them very much. That much is evident. We are all heartbroken for you. Again, I am very sorry.

I'm so very sorry for you loss. Words seem so empty at times like this. Sending you hugs, sincere sympathy and prayers for your mares and their future babies.

Anna

Latest posts

Back