Liberty classes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverstar

Reaction score
I would like to try my hand at some Liberty classes this year. Anyone on here do them??? Anyone any ideas for good music??? Please tell me your ideas, if i pinch them its ok im in the UK so not much chance of us being at the same show!!!! LOL!!!!

Hi Silverstar,

Are liberty classes in the UK run under AMHA rules? (or under AMHR rules?)

The first thing I would suggest is to know the rules under which the class is run.

Then have a horse that likes to PLAY!

As for the music, try to match the beat of the music to the stride of the horse.

And train horse to be caught....there are many methods to use for that.

This is absolutely my favorite class at shows. We get a chance to see the horses in all their NATURAL beauty and spirit!

Good luck!

Charlotte

Hi Silverstar,

Are liberty classes in the UK run under AMHA rules? (or under AMHR rules?)
In case you don't know what the difference in the rules are between each . AMHA only gives the 1 1/2 min. time to catch and AMHR still goes by the orginal rule of 2 min to catch.. But I am sure being in the UK they run under AMHA rules since there are not many if any AMHR shows there Yet !! Yet being the Key word, we are working very hard to make it easier for our friends over seas to have AMHR functions..
default_yes.gif

Hi everyone, i think its the 11/2 miute catch rule but will have to check. I dont think ill have a problem catching him, i only have to bend down and he comes running!!!! Its making sure i get up in time before he headbutts me to the floor LOL!!!!

Latest posts

Back