Liberty class

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markadoodle

Reaction score
So, we all love liberty class, I mean it's hard not to love it, right?

But it seems like every year, I always have a hard time with one thing..

and that's of course, the decision of the song.

So I'd love to know, what are some of your favorite liberty songs that seem to work the best with you,

I've had great luck over the years with;

"Black Horse & a Cherry Tree"

"Life is a Highway"

and "Dynamite"

of course, the song depeds on the horse's way of going, and all three of these songs were used on three different horses, and life I said I've had very good luck with them, so if you haven't tried those songs and you're looking, I would reccomend listening to them and see if they work for you.
default_smile.png

What are your favorites?

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I would go for Dynamite. I tend to prefer the more fast paced songs for liberty. I know my boy's song is Sexy and I Know It!

ONe of my favorites is "EVerybody dance now" The one I use for my fav mare is Bippity Boppity Boo, from Cinderalla. I also like bad girls.

I love "Everybody Dance now" I actually added that one to my list earlier this year! No clue if I'll end up using it or not.

In the past depending on the horse we have used

Rockin' Robin

Sideways

I wanna kiss a girl

I have a few this year that I am really excited about, we have 3 we are showing in liiberty so here are a few of the songs...

Footloose - Blake Sheltons version

5150 - Dierks Bently

Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5

Hit the ground runnin' - Keith Urban

There are more, but I am having such a blank at the moment and my cd is at home...

Walking on Sunshine is very common

Just Dance-Lady Gaga is a good song

If I show this year I think I'll use either "Good Feeling" or Footloose.

I've had fantastic luck with tracks from Pirates of the Caribbean with my boy. But I pick music that's a bit 'left of centre'
default_smile.png

My 12 yo daughter and her mare did "girls Just wanna have fun" lauper, I am a huge fan of the 80's, LOL!! She has aso used Jane Dear Girls Wild Flower.

I, too, try for something more off in left field. There's nothing worse (and especially for the judge(s) I imagine) than listening to the same song for 2,3 or 4 different horses. I will keep my favorite titles to myself; but I do pick some from soundtracks and we have used music from Manheim Steamroller, new age music and classics too. It is supposed to fit your horse's way of going and "personality". I think one pleasant surprise was at the Shetland Congress when a stallion (he won) performed to the theme from 'Titanic'. Slow music; but he was beautiful to it-even running and extended trot-he still seemed to just flow to the music-it was beautiful.

well, lol. I dunno...have never seen a liberty class other than online so I'm not sure what kind of music is fitting, but Pink's Raise Your Glass has been on my brain all day today. It's very upbeat and while I'm thinking of Pink, 'Trouble' might be cute for a rowdy personality
default_smile.png
I always wanted to do a freestyle reining to that one ;) complete with fishnets and pink hair :p

Kelly Clarkson's Stronger has been playing in my truck all week, good thoughts for a powerful mover, also maybe Katy Perry's Firework

I wonder what kind of reaction you'd get from a jazzed up pony and Cake's Going the Distance.

Though I think Bruno Mars's Lazy Song might fit my boy the best, lol.

I dunno...just throwing out random song choices that might be a good match for someone's pony? What's the general criteria that places well? does the song need to have a certain time beat? be easily recognizable? Is it best to stick to oldies? or do modern hits work best? My music taste is wide and very varied. It would be hard to narrow down to just one.

Latest posts

Back