Liberty at Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

performanceminis

Reaction score
I was wondering why they put liberty classes at the end of Nationals instead of right after Youth or Amateur classes when more kids could be in it? I know that if it was on Sunday or Monday so many more kids would have been in it, which would make for more money for the show!! Is there anyway to change when it is??

AMHA offers a Youth Liberty class the first Friday (Youth Weekend) of the World Show. The kids can dress in costume if they like and it's a lot of fun to watch.
default_smile.png

I am not sure but I wonder if possibly it could do with the fact that many who do not have youth or futurity / ammy horses wait and come only for the open classes? More people would be there towards the middle of the show.

I also think they need to move it up, but heres my opinion why. By the time you have stayed there for that long your horse becomes tired and or becomes lame from staying in those concrete stalls for too long. Yes we do have them on mats and we do lounge but its just not enough. I also wonder why the performance classes are to the very end. Wouldn't AMHR bring in more money if we kept the halter people staying a lil longer perhaps they would do other classes or atleast those performace classes during the day instead of at night when they are all tired. Not only the people are exhausted but the horses are too and its silly to make the performance horses work so hard when they are just worn out.

It would be great if they had a youth liberty class or moved liberty to after the youth classes OR ammy classes. I know all our kids would LOVE to do liberty at Nationals!!!

Latest posts

Back