Levi meets a new friend!?!?!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denali

Reaction score
I have been telling my husband how lonely Levi is and how he REALLY needs a friend!! I have been searching hi and low for the perfect buddy. Well, the other night, my husband comes in the house and tells me he found a friend for Levi and stuck her in the barn next to Levi's stall so he could get used to her. I said "WHAT????"

Well, here is their first meeting the next morning (please excuse Levi, he didn't have time to brush himself before his big meeting) .....................................................................................

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g62/4Hpi...ey/DSC00140.jpg

hmmmm, she doesn't smell right....................................

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g62/4Hpi...ey/DSC00141.jpg

maybe if I try this.............................................

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g62/4Hpi...ey/DSC00142.jpg

how about a little kiss???

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g62/4Hpi...ey/DSC00144.jpg

I am so confused!!

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g62/4Hpi...ey/DSC00145.jpg

And the search for a friend continues.........................................................................

Vicki

Ok, that was weird! It said there was an error and when I check the forum, no post, so I redid it, but only once!! UGH! Sorry guys!!!

Vicki

Oh Vicki..you gave me such a good laugh this morning :lol: Levi is sooooo brave. My donks would have flipped out over it...he must be lonely. Funny, my intact Jack I use to have would have destroyed it
default_yes.gif
: Did he bray to it when he first set eyes on it ? How Funny!!! Teri

Well, hubby had put it in the barn the night before, but it was dark and I wasn't out there, so not sure if he brayed then. When I came out in the morning, I moved his "deer" friend outside and then took him out and attached him to a tie out so I could take pics. When I was moving her outside, he was braying at us!! Then he dragged me over to her. He did give her a couple of good rubs when he put his head over her back, but never got rougher than that. However, after he lost interest and started grazing, I moved her so she would get caught in his tie out and scare him if she fell. He saw her move and hustled over to check her out again!! LOL It was so cute. :bgrin

Then the next day, he was sniffing her again ( I tie him out while I clean his stall) and evidently bumped her and she fell onto him. I look over and she is hanging off his back by her ear!! Amazingly enough, he just stood them and waited for me to rescue him!! He is so sweet and laid back, it is amazing.
default_yes.gif
:

Want to hear the REALLY GOOD NEWS???? I just got a call back from the rescue I had contacted about a friend. They have a pair and it looks like Levi will be getting TWO new friends!!! YAHOOOOO!!!! Of course, hubby said just one, but these guys are bonded and their adoption fee is so low, it is like paying for one!! Just have to break the news to him gently!!
default_wink.png
: One is gray and one is black or black/brown, I am sooo excited!!! :bgrin

Vicki

YAHOOOO :aktion033: :aktion033: Loved your good news! What cute pictures of his new "friend" ..perfect kind to have, no cleanup messes. :bgrin
default_yes.gif
: I took care of your extra posts, there all gone! :bgrin Corinne

Darn your hubby! I thought he got you another donkey!! Shame on him for teasing that poor boy
default_wink.png
:

We have one of those and every time I see it I think one of my donkeys is loose
default_rolleyes.gif
:

BTW - where do you live??

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]How sweet! That is really funny!!
default_yes.gif
: :lol: I'm excited for you about the two rescues. I hope that works out and of course can't wait to see them. :aktion033: Are they both geldings? I am having Cotton, my year old jack, gelded this afternoon. Good luck with everything! Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

I am in Michigan, near Lansing and boy did it snow today!! We got 3-4 inches of wet, nasty, slushy snow. The two boys we are looking at are both geldings, one gray, one black. They sound very sweet like my Levi, I am so excited!! I sent him my references today, he will check those and then we will make arrangements to go see them and hopefully bring them home. I am guessing early next week, as this weekend is pretty booked. I will post pictures asap!!

Vicki

Vicki, I just realized you are from UP of Michigan :bgrin
default_yes.gif
: You'll have to stop in by me sometime if you ever get down this way. How far are you from Iron Mountain? I'm about 1 1/2 hours from there, or about 30 minutes from Menominee, Mi. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed :bgrin that you get these 2 little guys, they sound like they would be perfect for Levi. Corinne

:new_multi: How exciting Vickie! :new_multi:

And from the looks of it Levi could really use a friend or two
default_yes.gif
:

Great of you to adopt them from a rescue
default_wub.png
:

Cute Pics!!

Sandy

Actually I am from Lower Michigan, sorry! More southern central lower Michigan, does that make sense?! lol

Vicki

[SIZE=12pt]Vicki, what's the story behind the boys? They haven't been mistreated or anything have they? I hope not. :no: Did the owner just not want them anymore? Since they were rescues, I was just wondering about their story. Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

Vicki...how FUNNY about Levi & Friends introduction...I can visualize it so well...LOL! So happy to hear about your two adoptions :aktion033: Video tape when Levi's new friends arrive and meet him...it is the most awesome event in your life to experience a donkey greeting another donkey...especially if they haven't been around a donk in awhile...you will get chills
default_yes.gif
: Then you will truly understand why donks need to be with donks
default_smile.png
Teri

Shannon,

From what I understand, they were actually well cared for by an elderly couple. Unfortunately the husband passed away and it was just too much for the wife to do by herself. Her only stipulation was she wanted them kept together. I can't wait to meet them!!

Vicki

[SIZE=12pt]I am so glad to hear that!
default_yes.gif
: I bet they will be REAL sweethearts... Can't wait for you to meet them! We will be waiting impatiently...lol
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

Shannon :bgrin

HOW SWEET THOSE PICTURES ARE! I AM GLAD TO HEAR HE WILL BE GETTING A COUPLE OF FRIENDS! HOW EXCITING! CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT THEM AND PICTURES OF COURSE! NIKKI

:risa_suelos: :new_rofl:

i am dying over these pictures! and my what a BRAVE boy he is! and a flirt :flirt:

SILLY HUSBAND, you can't fool a donkey (at least not for long LOL) and i think it's poetic justice that you ended up with TWO buddies for Levi instead of the ONE your husband agreed to, after he pulled a stunt like this... man i gotta find me one of those deer, just to see what ours would do. bet you were in stitches!!

Latest posts

Back