Let's see your grulla minis......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tami

Reaction score
I have always loved the grulla color. Would love to see what everyone has.....

Here is one of mine, a yearling colt. Sire is a black and his dam is a grulla. He isn't fully clipped yet as it is too cold yet, even though he is stalled in a heated barn.

selectedition.jpg

Gorgeous colt, Tami. Grullo/a is also one of my favorite colors
default_wub.png

This is my stallion, Blue Stars Hotrod Harley

hotrod2.jpg

hotrodlft.jpg

And this is my mare, HMM Double Dazzle

da.jpg

She is due anyday now, in foal to Hotrod...Hoping for a duplicate!
default_biggrin.png

I have a many dun horses including a couple grullo/grulla minis, both of whom are also grey
default_wub.png

Erica's Gone and DunIT, 31" grey-grullo grandson of BTU and Yellow Diamond Little Feather, great grandson of Egyptian King. National Top 10 / Multi Champion / AMHA Honor Roll:

DunIT%201.jpg

DUNIT%20--%2006232006%20138.jpg

DunIT%205.jpg

DunIT%204-3-05%20046%20--%20cropped.jpg

And WFM's Passionately Dun, one of DunIT's daughters:

Passion%20071008%20146.jpg

Passion%20040708%20018.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's MeMe's Mini Acres Morning Mist aka Misty
default_wub.png
granddaughter of Little Kings Supreme Dream and Bronco Billy.

IMG_1987.jpg

IMG_1971.jpg

MVI_19932.jpg

Love that colt of yours, Tami!! I'd love to see him all clipped up this spring.

Grulla/o is one of my very favorite colors. This is our mare BuckOn's Bad Girl ~ "Trouble", a grulla daughter of Little King's Buck On Broadway. She is due to foal anytime, hoping she has another little bay or black dun beauty in there for our show string
default_wub.png

With her gorgeous 2009 buckskin dun colt that I sold to a show home

Trouble_colt_mama_5_1_09.jpg

Another pic that shows her stripe.

Trouble_run_5_1_09.jpg

She has very strong barring on her neck, legs and face, love this mare! She has incredible show foals, her last foal, the 09 colt, sold very quickly to a show home and another great show home has already reserved next year's foal with Sparrow if we don't keep it
default_aktion033.gif

Thank you Kayla....
default_wub.png
His dam is due in a few weeks with a full sibling, hoping for a grulla filly that I can keep.......

Autumn, I LOVE your boy. He is so pretty.

Jill, I simply adore that photo of DunIt's baby photo......he is such a handsome boy.

Misty is a cute mare, love her silvery color.

And Shauna, I love Bad Girl....her son that Julie Smithback owns has such strong dun factor, he is pretty neat.

I Love Grulla/o Too!

I love All Duns for that matter
default_wink.png

Here is my Silver Grulla Filly
default_wub.png

I bought from Tami (Thank You Tami!
default_aktion033.gif
)

She is a Grand Daughter of Trouble
default_wub.png

Oak Parks Vegas Intrigue

I only have a weanling Picture, hoping to get some new Clipped Pictures When it gets warmer

Well I couldn't Post the Pic

so here is a link to her Page
default_wink.png

http://desertrealmhorses.com/PageIntrigue.html

KEEP THEM PICS COMING!!!

I soooooooooo want one.

I really like what both Tami and Dusty Lanes has produced when it comes to the grullas and dunskins!

I have always loved the grulla color. Would love to see what everyone has.....

Here is one of mine, a yearling colt. Sire is a black and his dam is a grulla. He isn't fully clipped yet as it is too cold yet, even though he is stalled in a heated barn.

selectedition.jpg

Can I get one of him in mare form please!?!?!? He is awesome!

Here is my grulla filly, Creta Hills Affair Of My Heart. aka "Affie"

She is also homozygous for tobiano.
default_smile.png

I own her dam and had the oportunity to have her sire here for a short time so I am going to try for a full sibling next year.

010OK-005-24.jpg

010OK-005-18.jpg

Here is River Rose Jumping Jack, out of Stump Hollows Cinder a grullo mare, and sired by our Dell Tera bred stallion, River Rose Prince Charming. this is the first foal he has sired that doesn't have a blaze and white socks. Picture was taken last year, I hadn't clipped his legs yet. This year he is changing color, more black/blue. I gave him to my Grand son.

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc500/Riverrose28/100_1033.jpg

Here's a picture of Fallen Stars Dun Right the mini that I had to put down. He was so sweet.

Dudleyleftsideview2.jpg

Lovely horses everyone!!

Vickie gee-grulla/o is dun on black. I believe your colt is just black. Most foals are born muddled versions of their true color as a defense mechanism because in the wild they'd have to hide from predators til strong and fast enough to run. This is also the reason why foals with black points don't get them until they shed their baby fuzz.

My new girl is a Grulla Pinto! I don't have any good pictures of her yet, but once I do, I will definitely share! So many beautiful horses here, makes me love the color even more!

Latest posts

Back