Let's say I break into your house

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shari

Reaction score

Let's say I break into your house

A lady wrote the best letter in the Editorials

in ages!!! It explains things better than all

the baloney you hear on TV.

Her point:

Recently large demonstrations have taken place

across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration.

untitled.jpg
Certain people are angry that

the US might protect its own

borders, might make it harder

to sneak into this country and,

once here, to stay indefinitely.

untitled4.gif
Let me see if I correctly understand

the thinking behind these protests.

Let's say I break into your house.

Let's say that when you discover

me in your house, you insist that I leave.
untitled2.jpg

untitled5.jpg
But I say, 'I've made all

the beds and washed the

dishes and did the laundry

and swept the floors. I've

done all the things you don't

like to do. I'm hard-working

and honest (except for when I broke into your house) .

According to the protesters :
untitled6.jpg

You ar e Required to let me stay in your house

You are Required to add me to your family's insurance plan

You are Required to Educate my kids

You are Required to Provide other benefits to me & to my family

(my husband will do all of your yard work because

he is also hard-working and honest, except for that

breaking in part).

untitled7.jpg
If you try to call the police or force me out,

I will call my friends who will picket your

house carrying signs that proclaim my

RIGHT to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have

a nicer house than I do, and I'm just

trying to better myself. I'm a hard-working

and honest, person, except for well,

you know, I did break into your house.

And oh yeah, I get a free education, where you

!

have to pay your own way through college.(TEEHEE)

And what a deal it is for me!!!

untitled8.jpg
I live in your house, contributing only a

fraction of the cost of my keep, and

there is nothing you can do about it
untitled9.jpg

without being accused of cold,

uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and

bigoted behavior.

Oh yeah, I DEMAND that you learn

MY LANGUAGE!!! so you can communicate with me.And don't forget to

make sure your forms are in MY language - I need to understand them...

untitled11.jpg
Why can't people see how ridiculous

this is?! Only in America

if you agree, pass it on ( i n English ).

Share it if you see the value of it.

If not blow it off.........

along with your future Social Security

funds, and a lot of other things.

i got that e-mail a while back... i've ALWAYS felt that way, it really irks me that my mom immigrated from Germany at 17, had to go through Ellis Island, to be a citizen had to take classes, and SHE never expected everyone in this country to learn HER language, she learned ENGLISH... and immigrants these days expect everything for nothing. but this really puts it well, in a perspective that a lot of people can understand.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

My sister sent it to me....and it was just too.... uhm... dead on... not to share. I also found it simple and to the point.

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Growing up close to the border it's even closer to home!

In Canada, when our doorbell is rung by immigrants, we open it and welcome them in with open arms.

That way, they don't have to break in.

We have programs to help them adjust to their new home, and health care is free for everyone. Education is free until post-secondary. We'll be glad to help you find employment.

We have two official languages already and we welcome those who speak languages other than English and French.

We celebrate our differences and learn about each other's cultures in our schools and through wonderful, colourful ethnic celebrations.

Is it any wonder the U.S. is currently neck-deep in a recession while Canada becomes stronger and stronger? Not really.

default_aktion033.gif
100% True, and a very SAD state for our country. I have NO beef with ANYONE coming here the legal way.
default_aktion033.gif

default_sad.png
default_no.gif
default_nono.gif
:arg!
default_new_argue.gif
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
default_deadhorse2.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_thumbdown.gif
default_torch.gif
default_xkngt.gif

I strongly disagree with the original post.

JJay

I also have no problems with folks coming in the legal way. My husband's mother was born in the UK...and went through all the proper channels. Have friends from China, France, germany, even Canada that came in legally....and not expecting a free ride.

Problem I have with the illegals...is the system in the states most close to all this are getting over loaded in the schools, medical, jails and so on.

My Mom was having a stroke a couple of years ago,,,and yes it was bad. But the most close ER was so full up with illegals that they had to get a life light helicopter to get a hospital that wasn't over loaded. As it was...she was very lucky,,,however because of the wait, she suffered more damaged because of the illegals.

Sorry but that is major wrong.

Other problem.... when we first moved to Oregon...went to the DMV. They were rude and snotty to my husband and I....saying we had to have legal proof to get a licence and our plates....all the while the mexican translator..was talking with illegals..no green card or anything....and giving them drivers licences with no proof of being born in the US or proof you really live in OR. Hubby and I had to go home to get our mortgage papers. Sorry...but I have a problem with that.

Talk about double standards.

If Canada got the flood the US is getting... taxing your system to the point of failure....you not being able to get medical or so on...and your taxes being upped to pay for the free loaders... I do not think you would be so happy about having a million plus Illegals dumped on your door step or house all wanting a free hand out.

Am not talking about the ones that come in the legal way...like all the other countries in the World have too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_new_multi.gif

I have no problem with the legals coming and they usually are no problem, they get jobs they work and do the best they can.

I can see both sides. Never having been face with the hardships some face in Mexico, I can only imagin the fear and desperation that drives a person to sneak into a country. Taking the risks that they do with rapist smugglers and dying in the desert or crammed into a truck. To those that do come here to work to give there familys a better life, I want to accept them. I can not say I would rather their children die, or they be stuck living in poverty.

But on the other hand, I do not agree with how they are handled when they are here. It should not be a free ride. They should not get services that American children are denied. They should not get free health care when a hard working legal citizen makes too much but still not enough to afford health care.

Here in Fl, without documentation, at any age they are allowed into the highschool! With our children! That is not right.

We have rental homes with 20-30 men living in them, and they have no documentaion. They could be sex offenders, murderers or anything. These men are driving brand new trucks paid in cash, why, because they dont report their earnings! They are paid under the table by building contractors that truck them in by the 100s. This is wrong!

Just recently an illegal drove drunk home from work and killed a person. No licence, no ssc, nothing. He was here illegaly. Now our tax $ will pay his way for the next 30 years I think the sentence was.

For medicaid, in Fl, it says on the form, if you are here illegaly, you do not have to fill out these forms, you AUTOMATICLY are accepted. What the F#ck!!! they get special treatment in school, and now in NY drivers licences!

Bank of America will give them a credit card!

it drives me nuts!

Edited to add.....

I think that we need to band together and as a mass of legal citizens, we need to go into places offering free government services for illegals and demand the same services. If they dont have to provide documents saying they are legal, why should we show documents saying we are illegal!?

I mean 100 people going into these dmv places and demanding in we want licences , my name is Smokey the Bear and I want a licence, what I need documents, no I am from mars, just give me a licence. Maybe if the demonstration was large enough, it would show just how stupid and unfair it is to give these services to illegals.

default_rolleyes.gif
default_wacko.png
:DOH!

Problem solved, lets ship them all to Canada...Oh wait, they dont WANT to go to the "Stronger"
default_wacko.png
Canada. Now why is that?

Im not sure what recession
default_rolleyes.gif
you are talking about, but we are fine and dandy in my part of the country.

In Canada, when our doorbell is rung by immigrants, we open it and welcome them in with open arms.

That way, they don't have to break in.

We have programs to help them adjust to their new home, and health care is free for everyone. Education is free until post-secondary. We'll be glad to help you find employment.

We have two official languages already and we welcome those who speak languages other than English and French.

We celebrate our differences and learn about each other's cultures in our schools and through wonderful, colourful ethnic celebrations.

Is it any wonder the U.S. is currently neck-deep in a recession while Canada becomes stronger and stronger? Not really.
:DOH!
default_wacko.png
default_yes.gif

You'll have to excuse Jenn. She lives in BF Alberta and only got to the big city in her college days.
default_rolleyes.gif
She's totally bought into the propaganda that most Canadian youth are fed and I'm sure no one will change her mind. If she ever has to become a part of the real world though it will certainly be an eye opener.

Heck if Hillary Care becomes a reality, where will all those poor Canadians go when they need serious health care.
default_wink.png

Good thread Shari, it certainly makes one think. I have no problem with those willing to share the load and assimalate, but the rest are surely welcome to populate Canada. Too bad they won't, the living and perks are too good here.

You'll have to excuse Jenn. She lives in BF Alberta and only got to the big city in her college days.
default_rolleyes.gif
She's totally bought into the propaganda that most Canadian youth are fed and I'm sure no one will change her mind. If she ever has to become a part of the real world though it will certainly be an eye opener.

Heck if Hillary Care becomes a reality, where will all those poor Canadians go when they need serious health care.
default_wink.png

Good thread Shari, it certainly makes one think. I have no problem with those willing to share the load and assimalate, but the rest are surely welcome to populate Canada. Too bad they won't, the living and perks are too good here.
WOW are you wrong about me ... and Canada.

But I give up, you can't educate the ignorant.

Y'all have fun with your recession while I roll around in my oil revenues.

Latest posts

Back