Lease agreement

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo Acres

Reaction score
We have decided to lease out our stallion to get him back in the show ring since we are not showing any more. I am really nervous about this and would like to make sure I have everything covered in a lease agreement. Do any of you have exaples that you can share with me? If you don't want to post them here you could email them to me as well.

Also any suggestions when it comes to leasing?

Thanks for your help

Renee

Leasing out a horse can be scary.

I can't find my agreements, but off hand I can think of these random ideas.......

- You should be able to visit your horse at any time with atleast 24hrs notice.

- The horse cannot leave the designated property without notice/consent of the owner.

- If the horse is injured in any way, the leasee must call a qualified vet immediately.

- Leasee must provide adequate care for the horse (You may want to add the relevant government act here).

- The date the horse left your property, arrived at the other property. (Take photos of your horse the day he leaves).

- Exact term of the lease. e.g. From 1 January 2012 until midnight, 1 January 2013.

- Perhaps you may want to organise a lease to buy option?

- Right of renewal - The leasee has the right to renew the lease after the lease has ended.

- You rights to terminate the lease or the leasee's rights to terminate - under certain circumstances.

- Incase of death of the animal...do you require the leasee to pay a sum to you?

- Fees - perhaps you want a percentage of his stud fees.

- What is the leasee allowed and not allowed to do with the horse? Eg. breeding, showing..

- Amount of mares he can service per year.

http://horsetalk.co.nz/forms-for-download/#.UAt73LT3K24 - contains a lease form you can buy if wanted.

I would require them to buy insurance, payable to you, in case of death........may want to require med insurance, also, just to insure vet care if there is any doubt. If any injury, contact vet as well as you.

Latest posts

Back