LB members who wanted the vote....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McBunz

Reaction score
"Sorry to say the persons asked to present out proposal to allow voting by

mail or on line did not see fit to present our proposal to the membership..

Now if you were not disturbed how our directors represent their membership

before, this should put the icing on the cake.. Our I's were dotted and T's

crossed. We did not ask for their approval, only that the proposal be submitted.

If you read the minutes of the June meeting, you will see that it was not submitted."
default_no.gif

"Sorry to say the persons asked to present out proposal to allow voting bymail or on line did not see fit to present our proposal to the membership..
I FAIL to UNDERSTAND why on Earth they did not see FIT to present this proposal.
default_no.gif

We did NOT ask them for a personal opinion, or force them to vote FOR or against it...just that it be PRESENTED. There is no excuse that I can imagine, for why this wasn't carried out as per the member's request.

I realize that being a Director can be a thankless, and costly job, but it is a job that if taken...must be done correctly and completely, or should not be taken-on at all.

Yup, that certainly put the icing on THAT cake, you can rest assured.
default_no.gif
default_wacko.png
:DOH!

I also don't understand why it wouldn't have been presented. I can expand the thought to how I feel about US politics and how I'd not be in favor of it being "easier" for people to vote because I think "my party" is more likely to be motivated to get out and go vote (vs. logging on a computer from their living room). Maybe it's a similar elitist feeling of not wanting it open for "everyone" who has something to say? (which I don't care for in horse matters as I do in US poltics! go figure...)

But, there's another side of me that feels like the message board is too much about bashing both registries lately... not even saying that valid points haven't been made here and in other threads, but there's been so much complaining and expressed dissatisfaction recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am guessing the minutes from the AMHA June meeting were just made public so that this is the first you heard your proposal was not even submitted?

What does the person who was supposed to present it say?

Now, I don't claim to know much about AMHA Committee meetings. However, I am on a Bible quizzing committee so have experience being on a committee. I can tell you from experience that often the committee simply runs out of time to discuss the issues that people, whether the committee members themselves or other people, would like to have discussed. This could be what happened here. Did you talk to any of the committee members about this or the person who was supposed to present it?

I cannot post their replies as I do not have their permission to do so.. It is enough that THEY chose not to submit the proposal..

Of the many people behind this proposal, was there not a single one that could present it themself? What was this one person that is being targeted here's special obligation to submit the proposal? Would you be comfortable posting the proposal to the forum? I know in my research dotting the i's and crossing the t's was no easy matter, and I would be interested to see how you accomplished it.

Wait- so let me get this straight- (I'm a bit slow) the "Lobbyist" (for lack of a better term) that was picked/volunteered etc (no one mentioned how this person was picked) to propose the internet/out of town voting decided it's a no go and backed out?

And everyone is upset because they themselves were at home and not getting involved/there instead or because this one David you threw against your supposed herd of 'Golith's' decided it wasn't really such a good idea?

If it mattered So very very much that you must be so vocal, why not do something yourselves? Why is this person a scapegoat?

If the view point is, "These directors are just doing their own agenda, and care not a thing for me the little guy, and I'm sick of nothing reaching me so I can vote." Then why send One person, who isn't ya'll that feels so strongly, in your stead?

Why didn't the whole group of you get together and go?

Surely if this matters so much that it gets to this level of outrage on here in our tidy faceless internet setting, then Some of you can pony up the extra to go and make a stand.

If it's Not that important (till it doesn't go as planned and the world is plotting against you- ;)), then Do something instead of carrying on. Please.

I honestly have no strong feelings on way or another, but I have a pet peeve for carrying on about something, with no action to be followed though-

It reaches the level of front porch chitter chat about the current lowest red headed step child.
default_saludando.gif
<--- Waves the red headed half sister- ;)

I do have some questions about this - Along with some comments

We have been through the - why some of us can not go to the meetings, a few examples - family, money, work, bad health, etc.

What can we do to get this passed?

I am NOT trying to cause trouble I am extremely serious about this.

I think if enough AMHA members get together we CAN get this passed. Even if we do not get to go to the meetings.

Do we need to hire an attorney to make the petition legal?

Could we start a fund to hire an attorney if we need one?

Could the petition be signed by e-mail only?

Would the petition have to be mailed to each member?

If so, could we start a fund to help with the cost of mailing?

How many signatures would it take?

Would we need proof of why we can NOT attend the meeting? ( I think it would be fair for each person signing the petition to state or show proof of why they can NOT attend.) With our economy the way it is now, I don't see how very many people can afford the trip to the meeting.

I would also like to know more about the petition and why it was not submitted at the June meeting.

I feel as a AMHA member just because I have some health problems, I have some family members with health problems, why should my voting privileges be taken away? I pay my membership dues, I pay for all paperwork, etc.

If anyone knows the answers to this or would like to help me get this started please post or e-mail me at [email protected][/b]

I think the only way to have a chance of getting this priviledge would be with having enough voting members attend the meetings to get it proposed and to get it voted in.

Im kinda confused on who was supposed to present it. Was it one of your group or ?? Im not that familiar with amha but I know in amhr they always say the writer of the proposal HAS to be there or it goes nowhere. Reason being if people have questions there is no one to answer them if the writer isnt present.

Funny, I was told by someone here( a director I believe) that unless I were a someone that I would be wasting my time going to the meeting anyhow.. They say talk to your directors... This is even more funny.. It was our directors who were asked to present this proposal... Lots of them... If it weren't for the fact

that the area I live in is big for AMHA shows I would be dropping my membership in a flash.. Someone buying and wishing to show here requires

AMHA registration.. You will also have to remember that it is the 95% of us nobodies that don't show that keep the AMHA in funds to run shows for the

less than 5% who do show.. With more and more of us nobodies getting frustrated enough to drop our memberships who is going to be filling up

the dwindling AMHA coffers.. Read all of the minutes on the AMHA site... Membership is dropping badly.. other sources of income are drying up.

If I remember right wasn't this a board meeting it was supposed to be presented at? Not a general membership meeting?

How many of you actually look and see how your directors vote in either registry?

How many of you know if your directors actually speak up and say what it is people in their area have contacted them about? That is their job. They do not have to vote for things they think general membership is incorrect about and could hurt the organization(in their opinion) however they should bring things up even if they do not agree.

It should have been proposed to vote on in 2009... it wasn't....

My understanding is that there wasn't a rule change or bylaw change proposal submitted to that effect. Hence, no discussion.

I no longer read or post to LB as a rule, but someone had mentioned this thread to me so I came to take a look.

For any rule change to be discussed or considered at a June meeting, it had to be submitted by the END of the annual meeting in February.

The process is in the rule book, it was spelled out very nicely in the recent Miniature Horse World as well.

So, for the final attempt by me to get you to understand the process, here goes.

1). Write up your proposal EXACTLY as you want it to read in the rule book using the forms provided by AMHA. Note on the form where in the rule book it is to be put.

2) Mail your proposal to the AMHA office BEFORE the 2009 Annual meeting or hand deliver it at the meeting BEFORE the end of that meeting.

3) Make sure your contact information is on the form, and be available for questions by phone if the committees need to talk to you.

4) The committees will receive your proposal at the June 2009 meeting for them to consider and will make a recomendation for it to go to the membership or not (rules and regs only, all by-law proposals go to the membership). If not, they will give their reasons. They cannot change wording in proposals unless it is a simple correction that does not change the intent of the proposal. This is where a lot of rule change proposals die, they are not enforceable, not legal, submitted to the wrong part of the rulebook and nobody can get in touch with the person proposing the change to get their ok for a correction/change. If it fails, it is sent back to the submitter with the reasons. If it passes, it is taken to the membership for a vote at the 2010 annual meeting to be put into the rulebook starting in 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back