Trying to do a Proposal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaVern

Reaction score
Dear Directors,

I have been a strong supporter of the R horse for half of my life. It has always seemed crazy to pay two book keepers to do the same job, and AMHR has always done a good job for me. But, after registering generations after generation and crossing every "t" and dotting every "i", I have a hard time with a registry that puts such a little value on our papers. I am not talking money value as much as prestige and legitimacy and perception.

I am all for keeping fees as low as possible for members and their registered horses, but to just to put a "garage sale" on our registration papers seems very shoddy. And then to not insist that all other horses from other associations meet the same requirements as the Shetland Pony in order to get in makes me scratch my head.

I am working on a proposal to send to the March meeting. I don't know exactly how to word it, but the jest will be to require that after a certain time all horses that are to be hard shipped into the Registry, meet all the same requirements as the Shetland Pony has, in order to be accepted.

The second proposal that I would like to make is that our fee to hardship a horse or pony in reverts back to what it was before the big sale, at some time.

I could use any help that I could get, as I know there is certain protocol to doing these proposals, and I would like to do it right.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Sincerely, Renee LaBarre Reiten.

Wouldn't eliminating hardship make a bigger impact than the dollar amount? Is $1000 better than $500 in the big picture, or is "you just have to have already registered horses" better?

Many years ago, I was for eliminating the hardship, but have changed my mine. I now feel that this new horse ( The R Miniature) is just in it's infancy and has so much it might gain from certain ponies and horses. What if we kept a horse or a pony out that could help us? If the horse or pony is good and meets the height requirements at three years old, I want it in our Registry.

Latest posts

Back