Latest quilt...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chandab

Reaction score
I actually have more work done than the picture shows, as its been quilted, but no binding, I just don't have a place to take a current picture as there are other projects laid out. Anyway, here's a quick pic of the quilt I'm working on for my Mom's birthday coming up in a few weeks. All I need to do is wait for my sister to send back the quilt label after she signs it, and the extra little label with her kid's signatures or doodle (whatever they want to do for grandma, as long as it fits in the designated space); and bind it and it'll be done. The labels are going out in tomorrow's mail wiht an SASE, so hopefully my sister will get it done and sent back quickly, so I can finish.

wolf quilt - partially sewn.jpg

I've had the fabrics for this quilt for a few years, and finally decided this year I am going to make the quilt for Mom, and I did it.

Thank you. I know Mom will love it. She loves wolves and house cats (but not together).
default_wink.png

It's very pretty! Do you quilt it by hand, with one of those complicated thread patterns? I made *one* quilt in my lifetime, and quilted the entire thing by hand, and I swore I would never do another one! I used far too many small pieces... all octagons... and it was just way too much work sewing them all together. So when I see other quilts I can really appreciate all the work they take!

There is nothing I love more than a wonderful, all cotton, home made quilt when I'm snuggled on the sofa in the winter with a good book!

It's very pretty!
Thank you!

Do you quilt it by hand, with one of those complicated thread patterns? I made *one* quilt in my lifetime, and quilted the entire thing by hand, and I swore I would never do another one! I used far too many small pieces... all octagons... and it was just way too much work sewing them all together. So when I see other quilts I can really appreciate all the work they take!

There is nothing I love more than a wonderful, all cotton, home made quilt when I'm snuggled on the sofa in the winter with a good book!
Nope, I do next to nothing by hand, I don't have the patience for it; its pieced, quilted and bound by machine. I only recently tried doing a binding by hand, on a couple doll quilts for my niece, that last one took me over 3 hours to sew the binding, so not likely to be doing much of that.

All my quilts are all cotton: cotton fabric for top piecing, cotton fabric for backing fabric and cotton batting; I too like the way cotton feels.

BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Thank you!

Back