Quantcast

2020 projects

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

Marsha Cassada

Reaction score
I made paperclay buttons to use on the cover of the button society newsletter I edit. Paperclay is an incredible material; very versatile. Planning to use the black and white tree pictures in the cover design. Haven't figured that out totally yet. paperclay leaves.jpg

Marsha Cassada

Reaction score
I'm trying to make bibs. It's harder than I thought! I had to use fabric I had on hand to experiment, as I haven't been to a fabric store in months. I want to try making some using laminated cotton, so they can just be wiped down.
And I made a button collector picture. I wanted to try my hand at making the frame out of an old thrift store frame. Well, it was sort of like cutting bangs--I kept slicing off slivers of the frame molding and not getting any corners to miter and the molding was getting shorter and shorter! Finally had to get my husband to help, and give me another lesson. I'm going to keep trying mitering, though--framing is so darned expensive. There are lots of nice frames for $1 in the thrift store.
bib1.jpgbib2.jpg

Attachments

Dragon Hill

Reaction score
This is done with paper mache clay. Wadded up newspaper held together with masking tape make the head and body, cereal box cardboard for the base, arms and treat, and the ears are just copy paper. Painted with acrylics, then sprayed with clear matte finish, and clear fingernail polish on the eyes.hamsterS.jpg
He's a hamster, but I understand you thinking mouse. :)

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
@Dragon Hill that's a very cute hamster. He reminds me of the one I had when about 10 years old.

And has anyone started thinking Christmas gifts? Only about 2 months to go, but I've not really thought out that far. But, guess we all need to start thinking on that if we are making any gifts this year.

Also, I've some Christmas fabric that makes me want to make some seasonal fabric masks since we still have them here. I figure if we can't get where we don't need them, might as well make them fun or a fashion accessory.

Marsha Cassada

Reaction score
The hamster is too cute! And you did a wonderful job of finishing. So hard to get that medium nice and smooth. I have been playing with corn cobs. We had a shock of corn out for decoration but the raccoon tore all the ears off. They left the cobs. I dipped them in wax then shook cinammon on them. I think they make attractive autumn pieces.
The only Christmas gifts I'm making are more bibs and a crocheted blanket. I do like Brownie-in-a-Jar, and I have some mixes that can jar up well also. waxed cobs.jpg

Latest posts