Lasik eye surgery. Any body had it done?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL Bess!!! That's funny about the camo
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

BUT, just be warned. I was kind of surprised to see some things, like my house was dirtier than I realized, and I didn't look as young as my previously blurry eyes had lead me to believe. "My Annual 29th" is in need of an upgrade!!!

I did not have Lasik, but a couple of years ago I had PRK surgery, which is similar but requires more recovery time. My vision was 20/200 in one eye and 20/400 in the other eye. Needless to say, I had to wear glasses all the time. I was not a candidate for Lasik for a couple of reasons, but the one I wanted to mention here was that my eye surgeon was concerned that Lasik might not be good for me since I was an equestrian. Apparently there is a risk if someone is involved in a head trauma after the surgery and since this is a risk for those of us that ride horses, he said he'd lean toward PRK before Lasik.

From a website I just googled:

Additionally, people whose occupations or hobbies have high incidences of head trauma, such as boxers, wrestlers or football players, should avoid Lasik.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5443988_lasik-complications.html

Anyways, I just wanted to toss that out there as something to consider. I know my brother originally had wanted Lasik then after reading about avoiding Lasik for head trauma he decided against it, then called me up to warn me. I thought he was overreacting until the Dr said the same thing.

Latest posts

Back