Large horse to mini horse trailer conversions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happy appy

Reaction score
I know that a few of you have converted your large horse trailers for minis. If anyone can post pictures of what they have done, that would be great. I want to try and do this with my husband. We aren't the most talented with stuff though. Neither can weld. If you have done something to make mini sized stalls as an insert for your trailer I'd love to see it!

We converted our 2 horse straight load trailer into a 3 horse slant load. My dad spent days welding a frame and the slants. Then we put padding on it, If someone would remind me, i will try to take pics of it. PM me during the week if you want to see, I cant remember anything to save my life
default_smile.png

I would like to see some pics too.... I also have a large horse trailer that I would love to convert...

We converted our 2 horse straight load trailer into a 3 horse slant load. My dad spent days welding a frame and the slants. Then we put padding on it, If someone would remind me, i will try to take pics of it. PM me during the week if you want to see, I cant remember anything to save my life
default_smile.png

We are in the beginning stages of converting our 3 horse slant GN trailer into a Mini trailer. We bought 4 Mini dividers from a friend, so that is a starting point, but we will be adding a few more plus a stud wall. I will post pics when we are done. Excited to get it finished before our show season starts in February!
default_yes.gif

My husband does miniature conversions on big horse trailers. He has done a lot. A few are posted on our web site at

http://www.blueblaze...e.homestead.com . If you would like to see more pictures of others we could send them if you would like to see them. Things you want to consider , make sure you leave enough air flow space . If you make them completely solid they get very little air flow. Also you want make them out of aluminum if possible. It makes the gates so much lighter to lift out. People that have worked solely with big horses have a tendency to over build for the minis in weight and size and padding. Just remember the animal you are building for now weight s about 1000 pounds less. Oh and you will probably want to be sure to leave your trailer so that you can remove the mini gates and reinstall the larger dividers for the large horses, in case you want to resale it down the road. Here is one picture. There are more on the web site.
1_CHARLES_TRAILER_REBEL.jpg

My very talented husband made wood dividers for mine to make my two horse slant load and three mini slant load. All can be removed to allow it to be returned to it's original condition should we ever want to sell it. I will post pictures once the snow lets up and I can get to the back door.

Back