LADY WITH THE BLIND MINI

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starleemay

Reaction score
I would like to talk to you about your blind mini. Either PM or send your email address. Thanks Debbie :saludando:

Starleemay, so very sorry that we didn't see this and respond to you sooner. You can e-mail me anytime at [email protected]. I am glad to talk with you about our precious Helen! She is coming along soooo nicely. She is everything we had hoped for and SO much more. She is without eyes, this we know, but she totally DOES NOT KNOW IT!! And she makes us smile every day. Our farrier was out yesterday and he was SO taken with her, said she is the friendliest baby we've ever had! That is quite a statement given that we had one baby here two years ago that would come into my lap and kiss my face on command. She is a pure joy, and you know, we were all sad that she had no eyes when she was born. That has changed totally now, and we know just how very blessed we are to have her. Feel free to e-mail me anytime.

Jodi

Helen Keller was a very famous person who was blind and deaf and did miraculous things in her life that is how Helen got her name. She was the first or one of the first to use sign language to communicate. I dont think hubby and Scoopie liked her name when we first named Helen but she fits the name perfectly. She is in her own way so miraculous. Though new noises still startle her (recently pounding rain on the metal barn roof ) she has come to know if we say she is OK then all is well. She doesnt startle like sighted foals and run blindly she runs in tight circles when she is nervous but will stop as soon as she hears us say its OK. It takes some vigilence but well worth it. She has had her first clip job and did great and also her first rasping of her feet. I have also sent a PM to the original poster and we will try to get some new pics up soon. I am still sad that this happened and that there really is little to tell us why except that it was a developmental defect that happened at roughly 3 weeks gestation but we wouldnt trade her for a sighted foal now. Helen is just Helen and everyone who sees her is just amazed.

:bgrin I am so pleased to hear that Helen is doing so well, I had been wondering how she was doing. She must trust you all implicitly to calm down when you tell her it is okay. Yes please post some photos so we can see how she is doing and how pretty she is.
default_wub.png
:

Yvonne

Back