Koom Ba Ya

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to have weiners...

Oh hubby can help Martin & bring his accoustic guitar, oh and he loves to sing...
default_wub.png

BUT I am sorry cannot stay up too late, us old folks will have to have their beauty sleep. Hope we are welcome to come, we will bring the hotdogs.

picweiners.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, well my older sisters, who DO play guitar and one has made singing appearances here and there- used to sing at a place years ago when I was a kid- anyhow- she was a Joan Baez fan and used to sing this song, LOL (Ok, how many of your are old enough to remember Joan??!!) Big time into folk music- we grew up with it.

Here is some trivia...."Kumbaya, my Lord" started out in the 1920s as a Gullah spiritual sung on the islands of South Carolina between Charleston and Beaufort. Gullah is the creole featured in the Uncle Remus series of Joel Chandler Harris and the Walt Disney production of "Song of the South." "Come by here, my Lord" in Gullah is "Come by (h)yuh, my lawd" American missionaries probably took the song to Angola after its publication in the 1930s, where its origins were forgotten. In the late 1950s the song was rediscovered in Angola and returned to North American where it swept the campfire circuit as a beautiful and mysterious religious lyric.

Unfortunately Song of the South and Uncle Remus has been banned in the U.S. Very sad I think- it was just classic.

And here is Joan in 1980 with <gasp> short hair performing in France and doing this song.

Everybody join in now!!! Holding hands around the campfire!!!!

Here's another one we knew- who remembers this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD4iQs3rym4&feature=related

Ok, are we all mellow and peaceful now?

You guys are all tame!! LOL

I will bring the Bailey's Irish Cream. Yummy!! Goes down really good with S'mores. Use a bigger cup and you can dunk!
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG!!! Only someone with little kids would know what sea-bears are! Too funny! My daughter woke up with a nightmare the other night that a sea-bear was in her room! LOL

Koooooom --Ba--Yaaaaaaa!!!
awww, did you tell her as long as she had an anti seabear circle drawn and she wasn't wearing a sombrero in a silly fashion it would all be okay?

Latest posts

Back