Komokos Little King Supreme

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
I think I just heard the announcer on the auction say that Komokos Little Kings Supreme is now gone as of last week?

My connection isn't the best, and I know there are horses with similar names...did anyone hear this and could correct me?

He also mentioned another horse that had passed away. I guess I just like to keep up on the "oldies but goodies" of the breed and know when they leave us.

Liz M.

I would like to know as well!
new_shocked.gif

Yes, you did hear right
no.gif
. The announcer said Little King laid him to rest last week.

Earlier in the sale they also reported that Little Kings Buckeroo Bandolero (full brother to Leatherwood Buckeroo) died last week as well from an accident. Goodness last week was a horrible week for these beautiful horses!

My gosh, that's sad about the accident.

Does anyone know what happened to Leatherwood Buckeroo?

I am sorry to hear that Supreme has gone. He definitely left a legacy behind w/his beautiful foals and had a long life, though it never seems long enough, does it?

Liz M.

How sad - such a great little guy....... Below is one of our favorite King Supreme granddaughters, Cay-Lee's Blazin Beauty. Lee & I had the opportunity to own a son of King Supreme who gave us some beautiful foals. We hung on to three of those daughters through the years. Quality bloodline indeed.

beautymare.jpg

How very sad. My Missy is grand daughter of Supreme. May they both fly with joy over the bridge.

Very Sad to hear of his passing....I saw him in person several times and he was just beautiful.

That's awful to hear. At least he passed away leaving us with many many get and grandget to carry out his name. He was a superior stallion and a gorgeous one too!! I am also very sad to hear about Bandolero....he was also a beautiful stallion-couldn't have been too old though. Didn't have much of a chance to prove himself in his get quite like King Supreme but I know he did have quite a few admirers. I feel sad that he is gone but at the same time I feel bad for the people that bought him. I believe he sold for $25,000 right and I think 2 farms decided to co-own him together???? I hope they got a whole lot of mares bred to him!

Last edited by a moderator:
[COLOR=red]

Does anyone know what happened to Leatherwood Buckeroo
I would also like to know how Woody passed away. I am deeply in love with his get! I was so so so sad to hear of his passing.
sad.gif
I didn't figure it out until last year...WHEN exactly did he pass away?

[/color]

If I am not mistaken I think the reference to Leatherwood (Woody) was in brackets that Bandolero was a full brother to him ?? Correct??

I didn't take it that Wood had passed away.

Yes, Leatherwood Buckeroo is deceased. I have seen references to this in other places, also I think on the studbook he is listed as deceased.

I was curious how he had passed away.

Liz M.

It is always sad to hear of one of the foundation sires of so many of today's wonderful minis passing -

Here is Komokos Little King Supreme in his prime -

Komokos_Little_King_Supreme_89.jpg

So sad to hear about Bandolero, especially as Leatherwood just passed earlier this year (or was it last year?). Lot of the familiar and favorites are getting up there in age, unfortunately.

Ugh...I so admire the beautiful traits that Komoko Little King Supreme passed on...this is his son that Caylee, Cathy Hand mentioned and sire of their mare in her post:

Sultan.jpg

And this is one of our geldings by LK Sultan Supreme..Cherokees Bright Zip Supreme...now owned/shown by Emily Mazer, New Mexico...just took 2 AMHA Top 10's in Ft. Worth!

zipjulep.jpg

my now famous colt "Ozymandias" ( MiniV Midnight's Last Dance) is a Supreme great grandson and he's stunning. SO sorry to hear of his passing. What a legacy he leaves behind.

Oh, that is so awful about the horses getting hit by a car. I am so sorry they are gone. Bandolero was indeed beautiful and certainly had a lot to give in the form of offspring. So sad he's gone so early.

Liz M.

Latest posts

Back