Keith Olbermann's Special Comment tonight

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG. Now I know what people say about Keith Olberman IS true.
default_new_shocked.gif
Turn about is fair play. McCain stopped one heckler. Obama NEVER does so WHY should McCAin be the only one? And we all know Obama should have stepped in on the George Wallace comment. But you don't remember that time in history so you have NO idea how bad it was.

McCain stopped one heckler. When confronted about his unwillingness to do more, he said what was stated in that video.

Now why should Obama be expected to 'rein in' Congressman John Lewis? The two have no relationship. Alternately, McCain said before that he has great respect for the congressman and that Lewis would be one of the men he turned to for advice if elected. Well guess what, Senator? Congressman Lewis is giving you advice now, why aren't you listening?

Obama never stops hecklers? These guys-his supporters-got the entire crowd going. Note they are not shouting 'terrorist!' or 'kill him' or any of the disgusting, unAmerican, hateful stuff that's been floating around some McCain/Palin rallies. They are just getting out of hand. Obama stopped them, and got the meeting back on track. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_K-rC1AmCQ

I can't find a video, but I did see a speech on TV recently where he said something about John McCain and his crowd started to boo. He held up his hands and said "No no, we don't need any of that." And waited for the crowd to quiet down. "All we need to do is go vote."

And Bassett, you're right. I wasn't around at that point. Congressman Lewis was, though.

I can't STAND Keith Olbermann .... he makes my hair stand on end. I end up wanting to yell at him to STHU!! :arg!

McCain HAS tried to quiet the crowds down at times.... Palin has stirred them up at times. I think there is a fine line to walk there - and when you start to appeal to the whack jobs that are out there that walk becomes a bit treacherous.

I am not sure how Obama is supposed to shut up a fellow congressman for his out of place comments... although as Olbermann said it was about that style of stirring up those emotions again as opposed to a direct Wallace link.

AARRGGHH.... Olbermann's voice is like nails on a chalkboard for me. I feel that same way about most of these self-important commentators, though...
default_wacko.png

Last edited by a moderator:
default_no.gif

I wish BOTH sides that are doing these digusting and offensive things would STOP. McCain said something because at the time it was right infront of his face, as he was speaking to the two individuals (the man saying he was scared and the woman calling Obama a an "arab"...). If someone did something right infront of Obama you are darn right he needs to set things straight and say something. You can't expect McCain (guy in other thread with monkey) to do something about it, McCain wasn't there when that happened. The other McCain supporters in that clip with the guy with the monkey should have said something to that guy or did they think it was funny and agree with him? Same with the dem with those disgusting shirts with the acronym on them - why didn't someone around them (other dems say something)?????

I hope both sides realize what this does to the image of the U.S. I don't think they realize how they tarnish the image of their great country. Both sides need to speak up when they see fellow democratics or republicans acting this way but instead of doing that you get each side attacking the other side. Each should put their own house in order before attaching the other side when these kinds of incidences happen. Do these people not understand that they are hurting each of their candidates and not helping them.

I watched the Keith Olbermann tape but wasn't impressed just as I am not impressed with some of the wingnuts from the republican side. What do they think this ranting and raving is going to do? All it's going to do is get the wingnuts from the other side lobbing back insults etc. and back and forth it goes and back and fort it goes. Thank God this is not the majority of Democrats or Republicans and that sane individuals from both side are the majority. Unfortuantely the media etc is only showing the bad side of both groups
default_no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back