Driven obstacle with a pair

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loved it! Made me want to go around town and deliver the mail with a team. Not that I deliver mail. Just the mailbox obstacle made me think "wouldn't it be fun to deliver the mail like that?" We live in a small farm town. It would be well received here I think.

Then I had to watch The Six do cones. Then I had to see The Six in their show finery too.
default_smile.png

That was a great job and I really enjoyed watching your different classes with both the pair and the 6.

Can I ask? I will need to replay the vids to look some more, but are you also using a pole/tongue between the lead pair? I know that you are on the swing pair, but couldn't actually tell on the leads. Can you do some closeups sometime of how your swing pole is attached to the main tongue and if the lead pair also use a pole, how it is attached to the swings pair?

Have you gotten caught up on your rest since returning home from the show?

What is your next goal for the 6?

No pole for the lead team, just swing and wheel. Our swing pole attaches just like the Budweiser Clydesdales do, with a loop that slides over the crab.

No immediate plans for The Six, other then working to add another spotted horse to the hitch.

Almost caught up! I finally finished unloading all my stuff out of the trailer. Boy, it was just like moving!

Wow! What a good job you did! I've never tried anything like that pivot with your wheel in one spot with a pair. I have a four wheeled carriage so it would just jack-knife. Were you competing against singles? How did you place?

I've only done CDE obstacles.

_KIT9240.JPG

Thank you! We competed with all singles and won first under all three judges! Here's the year before when I wanted to really show off and did obstacle with my hitch wagon. We didn't place with the wagon, but oh boy was it a blast!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCyl1Qv43dc

We are just now getting into ADTs (a condensed CDE). And having so much fun. We've just done one so far, but there's another one next month. I do enjoy driving multiples and challenging myself and them!

Latest posts

Back