Kassie, Equestrian Team Mascot

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

Reaction score
I'm riding a friend's horse for my high school's equestrian team this year, but we decided to have my mare Kassie as our team's mascot, to accompany us to shows and show school spirit and her tricks! I will also do one class, a team event with 4 people that's an in-hand obstacle relay, with her. Each team has 5 minutes total to get all members through the course! Can't wait. Anyway, I was unable to bring the horse I'm riding to practice this past week and Kassie needed to get to know her team mates, so off we went. I just love this little girl, she makes me so proud and is certainly my 'heart horse'.

So, here is our day spent at the equestrian team practice! Enjoy! I know we all did.
default_wub.png

My friend Jordyn, Kassie, and I

IMG_4732.jpg

Here's Kassie meeting a few residents at the farm

Hazel, a teammate's mare

IMG_4946.jpg

Rocky, a BIG draft! Kass was not interested or at all impressed by his size.

IMG_4907.jpg

IMG_4913.jpg

However, Shiloh the mini donkey was a different story. Kassie was infatuated instantly and screamed when we left Shiloh, so we took them on a walk together. She loved this donkey!

IMG_4855.jpg

Then we played around a bit inside and practiced the obstacle course, she went right over the bridge without a problem.

IMG_4786.jpg

And for fun, even though it's difficult to see, she popped over a few jumps set up for one of the 'big' horse's lessons. Our coach was impressed by her jumping ability.

IMG_4830.jpg

More coming....

We went BACK outside to relax and hang out with friends.

Talking

IMG_4951.jpg

I asked her to lie down and she flopped over next to me
default_wub.png

IMG_4964.jpg

Girl Talk

IMG_4996.jpg

Bow

IMG_5010.jpg

We went back in for some play time after the lessons were over, here she is meeting my coach.

IMG_5057.jpg

Kass and I playing/'performing' at liberty, here we are backing up

IMG_5061.jpg

IMG_5062.jpg

And another bow!

IMG_5060.jpg

Thank you for letting me share my beautiful girl!
default_wub.png

IMG_4756.jpg

Sorry for the large number of pictures, but my friend took over 300 that day!

Rebecca

Last edited by a moderator:
That's so cute that Kassie gets to be the teams' mascot
default_wub.png
She is obviously very well trained and look at her tuck up over that jump, I am impressed. Way to go
default_biggrin.png

Yvonne

You know I'm a fan of your handling. That mare is gorgeous--I could look at that face all day. This team has the best mascot and mascot handler they cuold hope for.
default_biggrin.png

That's so cool that you can participate in something like that. I never had that opportunity around here...there's no such thing as an equestrian team at any of the schools in the area. Kassie has such a pretty face...

WOW! I'm really impressed! What a gorgeous girl she is - and clever too!!

Well done both of you.
default_biggrin.png

Anna

[SIZE=10pt]Sassy Kassie :eek:)[/SIZE]

She looks really good, Becca! Bet she'll be the star of Pinkerton for sure!

Nice job, as usual!

Karen :eek:)

Incredible job as always, Becca! We are so proud of you and Kassie.

I bet some day she'll sprout wings just like her Dad Kippy!
default_biggrin.png

Thank you all so much! I'm so proud of this girl, she always impresses me and we have so much fun learning and playing together, we've become a team. I love sharing her with others and it puts a huge smile on my face to see that you guys love seeing her!

Rebecca

Latest posts

Back