just wondering

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northernmi

Reaction score
How far in advance do your mares seem to raise their tails and urinate frequently before foaling? She is due march 17. watching her closely and she has been rubbing her sides and neck a ton more today.

If she's due March 17, it is very possible she is getting ready to foal now. Keep an eye on her! Happy foaling! I hope you get your dream foal!

will do! Whats throwing me off is she went 383 last year as a maiden and were sure on her breeding dates. She foaled fine, I wouldnt expect her to go this early.

Ours has been doing it for the past week and a half.. She doesn't have hardly any udder, and her 300 due date is this Saturday... We were told she foaled 2-3 weeks 'early' of her 330 due date with her first foal (in foal with her second now) The way she has been acting lately you'd think she was ready to pop! I have a feeling she's going to either baloon up in the udder and drop a foal or come to milk AFTER she foals.. :new_shocked: I really hope she gives us SOME heads up.. She's been doing a lot of circling, butt pushing/rubbing, tail raising, and pees alot.. More than likely baby is probably laying or pushing on her bladder..
default_wacko.png
:

she bagged up 3 weeks ago and teats have been straight up and down for a little over a week. I"ll keep a realy close eye on her.

I"ll try in the AM, dont want to bother her. Got the camara on and she seems to be settling down a little.

Hi

Hope she foals on March 17th because ITS ST PATRICKS DAY :aktion033: :aktion033: and then you'll have to give it an Irish name like Paddy or Bridget
default_yes.gif
: or call it River Dance
default_wink.png
:

:saludando:

Its also my grandsons birthday. We usually go have cake with them but I better have them over here.

Mares dont have the same gestation every foaling. We have one mare who foals within a week either side of 310 everytime but we also have one who is all over the place in terms of number of days gestation you just never know. There have been successful foalings on this forum all the way from 278 days to 360 days so just hang in it is very nerve wracking for all those who do mare stare thats why my Scoopie is in charge of that end of things here it drives me crazy. She has pages and pages of notes on each of our mares and literally spends nights watching when she gets little or no sleep. This year we only have one mare bred so Jodi is watching the mare stare cams of others. Go figure. Good luck with your mare cant wait for a post that you have a healthy baby and that mom is doing fine.

Latest posts

Back