Just talked to Marty

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
I am gathering information, have calls in to local rescues and animal shelters in Marty's area.

I am putting together a tribute for Michael and his family and because of his passion and love for all animals will be making a contribution to those shelters and rescues, in Michaels name.

If anyone else on the forum would like to make the same contribution, for the same purpose, please either pm or email me and I will give you my address.

I will then send in all contributions together, in Michaels name, in about 10 days, to make sure everyone who wishes to add to this Tribute, may do so.

With the monitary contribution, I will also be sending a plaque to each shelter that agrees to display it.

Please feel free to get in touch with me for the memorial.

Added to say, I will also be in touch with the family to make sure it is too a place of their choice.

I will put my address here and save everyone an email. I have left messages and emails with the family, it will go to where Michael would want it to go. Plaques are already donated, all $$ goes directly to rescue/shelter.

Carolyn Pope

4659 N. CR 100 E.

New Castle, IN 47362

In memo, please put, Michaels Memorial

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont even know what to say. I need to call her was going to call last night before I heard the full story but I dont even know what to say to her. I need to get myself togther before I call so I can at least be a source of strength.

I am going to talk to Marty about a memorial award for a youth class at Nationals as well. (We will do that on our own no need to worry about that) but yes Frankie I think something like that is a wonderful idea and I know it is exactly what Michael would want more then flowers or something. Please PM or email me your address so we can send to you as well.

Marty has been there for so many of us when we were down, so many things she did behind the scenes for everyone to make them feel better and I am so very angry that this is one thing not even the power of all of us who love her can fix I am sobbing now have to go and get it togther to be strong for her.

I do not have paypal, probably would be easier, I hope that is not a problem and you can still take a few minutes to put it in the mail. I know this will mean a lot to Marty and her family.

As of right now, the plan is to divide it up between one shelter and one rescue.

I will update on the forum.

Thank you so much, I know Michael would be grateful.

I just got off the phone with Marty. She is a mess but hanging in there. Her and Jerry are going to the funeral home in a bit to make arrangements.

Michael will be at the Putnam-Standeser-Reed Funeral Home in Dunlap, Tn. I think Marty and her family could use monetay donations instead of flowers as they don't have a place to lay Michael to rest. And probably could use the help with all the expenses. I emailed Mona and asked her if she could set something up.

This is just horrible. Michael was a wonderful kid and will truly be missed by all those who knew him.

I was also thinking of something like that, but I was thinking more along the lines of a bursary or scholarship(not sure of the difference) fund to a 12th grade graduating student wanting to go into the animal sciences field of further education, in light of of Michael's great achievment in graduating this year, and the extra hard work it took for him(and Marty) to get there, and for his strong love for the animals.

Thank you so much for letting us know.

Would it be ok to just send directly to the Family you think? To help them out with this.

thanks

We are now aware that the family could use some help for arrangements.

It is my understanding that can be sent directly to the family.

I am going to leave this here as I will still be doing this as well. Forum members can contribute to where they can, if possible, and we will send all we get to the correct place.

If you guys think that is a good idea?

yes....could something be set up so all of us that live outside of the states can send a donation too?? If we all give a little we can at least help Marty and Jerry in some small way.

Mona called me and we both agreed to let everyone decide where they want to send the donations to.

Donations can either be sent directly to Marty's family or the funeral home. Here are the address:

Garrison Family

Rt. 2 Box 146

Pikeville, Tenn 37367

or

Putnam-Standeser-Reed Funeral Home

50 May Rd.

Dunlap, TN 37327

423-949-2325

default_yes.gif
: Thanks Sheryl. This too had crossed my mind, that they may need financial help in lieu of flowers. The cost of laying a person to rest is quite substancial, and not everyone is prepared for such a thing, especially when it comes to the loss of such a young person. As parents, we often don't even want to think about anything happening to our babies. :no:

I have asked Sheryl to contact the Funeral Home in charge, and collect for us(anyone interested) the mailing address etc. for the funeral home, so people can send their payments directly to them, or they may also choose to send any contributions directly to Marty's family, at:

Marty Garrison

Rt. 2 Box 146

Pikeville, Tenn 37367

default_pray.gif
: God Bless all of you, for thinking of and helping Marty, our "Forum Sister", friend and confidente, at this tragic time in her life. You are ALL Angels of Mercy.
default_wub.png
:

I dont know if it would make it easier or faster for Marty but.. she does have a paypal address for her business not sure if that can be used?

I just spoke with my mom, she said if people are going to send checks to the funeral home to be sure to make the checks out to Marty, that way the money will be applied to their account.

Lisa, from what Marty has told me of her Paypal account, she doesn't have it or use it anymore. Seems she was tricked by a scammer and her account was hacked.

Funeral Fund needs to be sent to either Marty, or the funeral home.

That information is on another pinned thread called,,,,,, I just got off the phone with Marty.

Both addresses are on that thread.

For those that choose to to start a memorial fund in her area local animal shelters like Frankie had suggested she truly feels that Michael would be so honored and would love that he is still helping out animals in need.

So frankie I will be sending you something for that.

She is truly thankful for all the thoughts and prayers and wanted to make sure you all knew that.

I will be talking to her again tonight.

wanted to add she really is very appreciative of the thoughts and prayers she is a very proud woman we all know that so she would NEVER come out and ask for anything - whatever anyone feels is best to do for them be it a card, a prayer , help with the arrangments or a fund just know that it truly means everything to her.

Last edited:
I am more than happy to continue with that. Please use my address above to contribute. I will not send in total for about 10 days, but be assured anything received after that will be sent as well.

thanks Lisa so much for the update, I know it was not easy for you.

And I have just got to get this off my chest, it even sucks that we have to do any of this. Just so stinks.

What a wonderful idea! I will send donations for both as well!

Is it okay if I send out the Rescue donation out Friday of next week (16th)

I will get out the Funeral Arrangement Donation Monday.

This is just terrible! I feel so sorry for her and her family!

Jeri

Latest posts

Back