Just saw news reports of tornados in Ark/Tenn area...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWA

Reaction score
Just saw a news report that a tornado struck through Pope County, Arkansas, and a string of twisters along there through to Tennessee. Please, let us know you are ok if you are located somewhere along this zone??? Our hearts and prayers are with you...

Yesterday was WI and IL - I haven't heard anyone in trouble from those areas either.

Yesterday was WI and IL - I haven't heard anyone in trouble from those areas either.
I'm just finding Missouri was struck too. I hope everyone is ok. Please, Lord, let everyone be OK.
default_wub.png

To all of our friends in KY, TN, MS this is headed your way. And they say this storm will upswing through the northeastern coast. With the warm temps they are concerned about fast snow melt and lots of flooding.

A-OK here, though we had tornado sirens going off at 9am at the college were I work, had to get studens down to first floor in the buildings until it passed. We are about 2 hrs northeast of Pope County......but Pope county is where I went to college myself.

It's Arkansas weather, from 20 degrees, to 80, to snow, to flood, to drought, to gale force winds all in a week
default_wacko.png

We lost power most of the nite and just had torental rains all nite

some of the runs were flooded but nothing major here

dawn

I am in Mo, we werent involved, we had heavy rain and some hail but I know other places did get it... The sirens were going off here and they kept our kids at school for an extra hour and a 1/2 to make sure everything was ok...

I really dont like this kind of weather... It was 70 here Sunday( has been 30) so we knew something was coming!! We are supposed to have snow on Thursday, so we have 70's sunny , to tornado, to lots of rain, to snow in a 4 day period!! Gotta love MO weather!! Sounds like the same for you Erica!

I hope everyone is OK and checks in here to let us know...

We're doing fine. So far no rain, just a big bunch of big big big wind. It's been blowing like a son of a gun this past hour. I about got blown away when I just went out to pass out the night time hay. Had to move my truck because some tree limbs are falling in the yard. Horses are all hunkered down real nice and sug. Hus in the chair under his quilt and that blasted puppy Amy stole my grilled chesse off the table and is eating it under the bed
default_yes.gif
I might join her.
default_biggrin.png

Missed our place by about a mile and half one man was killed and his wife is in the hospital, I spent all day with the ones doing tree cutting, road clearing and tarping and traffic control. It is a wonder to see a community pull together sometimes. Wonderful

Cheryl

Last edited by a moderator:
Changed my mind. Things are getting a bit scary. Heading under the bed with the dog and staying there.

Here in the very SW corner of Missouri we got slammed hard for about 12 hours on Monday evening/night. Every "wave" of the storm hit us, except the baseball sized hail (that one missed us by less than a mile). I had a bolt of lightening strike right outside my back door during a calm part of the storm and it took out my computer, modem, 2 cordless phones and blew out 3 light bulbs. Thank God I wasn't on the phone at the time. About 9 inches of rain somehow means 10 feet of water coming out of the hills. My normally dry field still has running water in it and I just got my fence replaced today. The water was OVER the fence and bent the posts, taking down a good sized section of the fence. I've been here all my life (30 years) and I've never once seen the highways closed because of flooding. Thank God all animals are ok, just scared out of their minds. I just got my new modem from the phone company today and my computer's going to be repaired next week.

Here's a pic. This is a low water bridge close to my house. There really is a bridge under all that water, I promise. If you look close, near the railroad crossing, you can see the dark line where the water had crested during the night/early morning.

lowwater.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Steph and everyone hit by and/or in the path of those storms, I'm so thankful you all are ok. Marty, please let us know how you are?
default_sad.png

Here in the very SW corner of Missouri we got slammed hard for about 12 hours on Monday evening/night. Every "wave" of the storm hit us, except the baseball sized hail (that one missed us by less than a mile). I had a bolt of lightening strike right outside my back door during a calm part of the storm and it took out my computer, modem, 2 cordless phones and blew out 3 light bulbs. Thank God I wasn't on the phone at the time. About 9 inches of rain somehow means 10 feet of water coming out of the hills. My normally dry field still has running water in it and I just got my fence replaced today. The water was OVER the fence and bent the posts, taking down a good sized section of the fence. I've been here all my life (30 years) and I've never once seen the highways closed because of flooding. Thank God all animals are ok, just scared out of their minds. I just got my new modem from the phone company today and my computer's going to be repaired next week.

Here's a pic. This is a low water bridge close to my house. There really is a bridge under all that water, I promise. If you look close, near the railroad crossing, you can see the dark line where the water had crested during the night/early morning.

lowwater.jpg
Holy Moly, you did get it bad!! I dont envy you that- glad everyone is safe! I am in Columbia MO , we just had tons of rain and some hail...

Latest posts

Back