Just got back from Vegas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valerie

Reaction score
We were lucky enough to get to see Garth on Friday night (one concert night)....he played for 2 1/2 hours....... and let me tell you, Garth has not lost his magic..... it was just incredible.

I have never seen him in concert in his hey-day so wasn't sure what to think but it was Garth and his guitar and it was just mind blowing.....and he is sooooo thankful to his fans for letting him take time off to help raise his daughters. Trisha Yearwood came out & did a couple songs as well, so that was an ice surprise....and again, she can really belt it out and again, just with one guitar. If you like acoustic versions of music, this concert is for you!!

I highly recommend it, not a bad seat in the house and it only seats 1500........so it did feel like you were "part" of the event. Garth is humble, and he truly appreciates his audience and feeds off of them and it was great to hear about his family and how we grew up, listening to different music, etc.....

Anyway, enough blabbering on....just wanted to let people know it is totally worth going to if you can...... of course had I won money in Vegas it would have been a much better experience..haha...but Vegas is fun regardles....where else can you get 24/7 people watching ...that is an event in itself.

Wow sounds amazing Valerie! Bet you had a blast. Congrats!!!

I used to live in Vegas and they used to have(don't know if they still do) what they called "Locals Only" concerts. It was very small rooms. Maybe 250 people. The tickets ranged between $5-$15. All the concerts were worth it. However, I would never live there again. Way too many people.

Wow Valerie! It sounds like you had a great time!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Valerie, did he sing The Dance?? I think I'd give my right arm to hear him do that live...love that song! Sorry to hear the gambling gods were not looking out for your best interrest...do you play slots or tables? I loved to gamble pre-minis! No more
default_no.gif

Yes he did sing The Dance....and it made chills go up & down my spine, as that is one of my top 3 songs ever....and I love classic rock, etc...but The Dance will always be up there.

He told us of a letter that he has to this day, it was written from a (at the time) 38 year old mother who had cleaned up her kitchen & then put garbage bags all around in it & then put a gun into her mouth and the radio was playing....The Dance came on and she did not go through with her attempt....she said that song changed her life. Garth said he feels that this is his career song, the song that everyone will attach to him and he will be known for.

I really just cannot believe how down to earth he was...he came out in a sweatshirt, relaxed fit jeans and work boots...and a baseball cap.....which he turned backwards from time to time.....and just so "normal"...even Ms. Yearwood as he calls her, was in jeans and a nice black Garth/Wynn t-shirt....and nice heels...but again, not hoity toity.....just nice, normal people.

I played slots.....I know the odds suck, but I just don't understand the table games enough to play them in Vegas..... we did see a younger guy plop down about 2100 playing craps yesterday morning....almost made my skin crawl....I thought, really?....you are not even winning sir?....but hey, who am I to judge, right?...haha. To each his own.....I just love Vegas, love the sun.

Its nice to here about someone who is so talented and NOT letting fame go to their head!!
default_aktion033.gif

Im a major ( well no longer )slot player....luv luv luv the slots...but they dont like me!! I always just seem to win big enough to give it all back
default_gaah.gif
Glad you had a fun time!!

Back