Just got a call, my daughter (Natalie) spent the morning in Emergency

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle_E.

Reaction score
My daughter spent the morning in the Emergency at the General Hospital. She has gallstones and was in mega pain. They have her on morphine at the moment and she is waiting to speak to the surgeon who will be operating on (he is in the operating room at the moment). Guess she will be going through surgery in the next week or so. Makayla, her daughter, is very upset poor kid. My son Richard, Makayla spent the night at his place last night, is trying to explain to her that her mom will be fine but a her age (7). With the thread on here at the moment about healthcare, this is one of the reason we are happy to have the system we have as we don't have to worry about getting a huge bill after surgery.

Last edited by a moderator:
My hubby has gone through two eye surgeries in the last 8 days and I feel the same way as you do.. Glad to be Canadian.. without huge medical

bills to pay.
default_saludando.gif

Danielle - I hope your daughter is out of pain and feeling better soon....
default_yes.gif

I had Laproscopic colosystechtomy surgery in September. the worst pain was the first 3 or 4 day, and all that felt like was someone punched me in the gut....HARD. it was sore muscles more than real pain. good luck to her,

Hope she is feeling better soon. I have had issues with my gallbladder before...it is certainly no picnic. She should have much relief when they get it out.

I hope they can operate soon, Danielle, so she can be pain free!

Makayla can't possible be 7 already!!! Where have the years gone?!?! Mind you, Alexis is 13 and two inches taller than me so I shouldn't be surprised about Makayla! Do you have any recent photos you could post or email me? Let me rephrase, could you post one of the zillion recent photos you have of her? LOL!

Alexis is 13??? Oh gee Judy, man I feel OLD!!! I remember meeting alexis and you, oh gee,how many years ago was that, lol. There is thread I started about the "Oyster Monster" there are recent pics o Makayla on that thread.

Yes, Natalie had a rough time of it last night and this moring apparently. Until she went to the hospital and they gave her morphine for the pain. She had pizza last night apparently and she couldn't stop vomiting and the painwas "excruciating" she said. So the only thing she can have now if very very bland food and very low fat until she has the surgery.

Sure hope all goes well for your daughter Danielle and she recovers quickly.

Judy - I cannot even believe that your daughter is 13 - I remember you coming by our farm when she was only 5! YIKES - although mine are now 22 and 20...........................time flies when your having fun!

My daughter spent the morning in the Emergency at the General Hospital. She has gallstones and was in mega pain. They have her on morphine at the moment and she is waiting to speak to the surgeon who will be operating on (he is in the operating room at the moment). Guess she will be going through surgery in the next week or so. Makayla, her daughter, is very upset poor kid. My son Richard, Makayla spent the night at his place last night, is trying to explain to her that her mom will be fine but a her age (7). With the thread on here at the moment about healthcare, this is one of the reason we are happy to have the system we have as we don't have to worry about getting a huge bill after surgery.
First of all, I am sorry your daughter is having a problem and I hope she's on the way to recovery soon.

Since you did bring it up, though, my perspective is so different than yours. My first thought when I read your post is "oh my gosh -- she may have to wait a week or so???". I'm really happy it's not that way here and hope we don't ever have to have the kinds of waits for surgeries, treatments and diagnostics here that you do there.

I'm really happy it's not that way here and hope we don't ever have to have the kinds of waits for surgeries, treatments and diagnostics here that you do there.
Not quite true, Jill. Not at all.

I had to wait 4 1/2 weeks to get into the hand surgery clinic.

AFTER the referral from the skin surgery center. Which I had to wait 3 weeks to get into just for the evaluation.

A friend has been waiting months for her knee replacement surgery.

Such delays can happen on both sides of the border... sorry.

And getting a diagnosis and non-life-threatening surgery done all in a week's time is not what I would call a big delay.

My friend in Edmonton who went in to get thyroid lumps/swelling checked out was in surgery the next day. It varies - just as it does in the US.

Until she went to the hospital and they gave her morphine for the pain. She had pizza last night apparently and she couldn't stop vomiting and the painwas "excruciating" she said. So the only thing she can have now if very very bland food and very low fat until she has the surgery.
Yep - the pizza would have kicked that off... my mom went through the same thing this spring... she hated her bland diet but thankfully the non-invasive surgery only required two small incisions, not a lot of post-operative discomfort (or so she said) and she is now on the mend. Even living where she is in Back Of Beyond, B.C.
default_wink.png
- she only had to wait 2 1/2 weeks for the surgery (mainly to make sure the inflammation went down) and her main concern ws the crummy diet...
default_laugh.png

I am really sorry your daughter is going through this and wish her a speedy recovery. My daughter-in-law went through the same thing and at only twenty one years old. She had almost one hundred gall stones!

Your daughter will feel so much better after surgery.

Thanks Jill for your wellwishes for my daughter to get back to feel good.

The reason they are holding off on the surgery is 1) the gallbladder is inflamed so they want to wait till that subsides a bit so there won't be any complications and 2) they only operate immediately if there has been rupture or if the stone or stones are blocking, which apparently on the scan these aren't. I think in non life threatening surgery, a week's wait is not much versus having to pay $10,000 or more out of your pocket, no thanks.

I wish your daughter well with her surgery. I had the laproscopic type done in 1994 and was amazed at how little pain there was after.

Danielle

Hoping your daughter's pain is easing some. Please let us know when she goes in for her surgery, we will pray for a speedy recovery.

Gini

Latest posts

Back