Getting Good News and Paying it forward........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Johnson

Reaction score
I don't have any children though I have my horses and minis and a cheeky boxer by the name of Laila.

Laila is going on 4yo and whilst she hasnt had the greatest of luck she has stuck by my side since the day I brought her home & I love her dearly.

I have spent thousands of dollars on vet bills for her , broken leg, meningitis to name a couple of issues and have not thought twice about getting the money out of the bank to pay for these.

3 weeks ago i had her at the vet as she had been stung by a bee and went into anaphalactic shock. This was on a Sunday and in the state she was in, I rang the emergency number as I drove there.

Antihistamine injection and a steroid and she started to come good. Unfortunately we needed to rule out a snake bite (as we have some of the loveliest snakes in the world in Australia) and the only way to do

this was to complete the blood work and then again after 2 hours, all came back clear.
default_smile.png

She was due for her Vacc that week so i took her back and whilst having that I asked the vet to have a look at a lump that had been discovered under her jaw. As it seemed to be growing quickly and in the

position that it was in I wasn't keen to let an antibiotic take its course in case it started to affect her breathing with it continuing to grow.

Laila went in for surgery last Friday week and it was discovered that the lump was in fact directly under her tongue. The operation went well and I had to go in for the results last night and so that Laila could

have her stitches out. It was one of those days where appointments were running a little behind but I was happy to wait. As I was sitting there a lady came in with a cat in a travel container. I could hear the lady

talking to the vet nurse. The cat had been extremely sore for about a week but due to financial problems the lady just couldnt afford the consult, xrays, pain relief ect.....

Her intention was to have the cat put to sleep due to money problems & thats why she brought the cat in. The nurse managed to talk the lady into having a consult and then putting the cat on some strong pain

relief as they beleived it may only be bruised and to bring the cat back in a week.

I went in and had my appointment, Laila had her stitches out and I got the results of the lump. Someone must have been watching over me as the results came back clear and most importantly clear for a mast

cell tumor , that boxers are well known for developing. I could of screamed with excitement , but decided to do something that me feel just as good.

As the lady took her cat in for the consult I went up and paid for it and the pain relief. I got a call shortly after from the vet , the lady wanted my name to say thankyou, but I asked the Vet not too give it out

rather telling the nurse to tell the lady to "Pay it forward"

I know its not much , but it made me feel really good and I hope it made her feel even better
default_smile.png

What a wonderful thing to do. Bless you for being so kind.

Renee

What a nice person you are.I would love to meet you and your parents to tell them what a fine son they have raised.You have a kind heart.Glad your dog is fine.People like you restore my faith in humanity.I often get upset when there is so much meanness and greed in the world and then I read your story.You are a very nice person.

Wow! That is an amazing thing to do. It should earn you some good karma and I hope it is paid back 10x over to you. I'm sure you made that woman's heart swell with relief and gratitude.
default_cheers.gif

So glad to hear all went well for Laila.

What a wonderful person you are, wish there were more people like you in this world. God bless you.

Bless you.... May the "Ripple" you started circle around and return to you ten-fold when you need it most.

So wonderful to hear that 'paying it forward' is still alive and well! Bless you! I just had the pleasure of watching someone do the same kind act yesterday. Was at the Thrift/resale store. A sweet Senior lady had some sweaters and books and a few knick knacks. The total came to a little over $30.00 and she proceeded to fumble in her wallet and count and recount her money. Obviously she did not have enough and you could tell she was flustered and embarrassed. I think she was trying to decide what to have to put back. The young lady in front of me (looked to be college age) proceeded to pull out a receipt for a store credit in a large amount and asked the cashier to apply it to the little woman's purchases. The sweet lady tried to refuse; but the girl told her she needed to use the credits soon and really had nothing much to purchase (she only held two blouses). She actually had enough on the credits to cover both her own and the woman's purchases. So she did! The little lady tried to offer her what money she had-but of course the girl kindly refused it and told her it made her very happy to help out. Hope I am in the good position some time to do the same kind of generous act.
default_hypocrite.gif

Latest posts

Back