Just For Fun For Winter

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Performancemini

Reaction score
What is everyone's favorite energizing activity in Winter? AND what is your favorite comfort activity?

I actually don't like winter cold and snow
default_thumbdown.gif
so--

My energizing activities are rather few (that's why I want to know what yours are!
default_yes.gif
) but my hubby and I like to go out in the snow and harness and hitch the right mini to a plastic toboggan and drive or longe them for a ride in the snow (he made some cool flexible "shafts").

My favorite comfort activity is to have the woodstove going and read a book or do crosswords.

driving my sleigh with my mini

cleaning stalls

house cleaning

ice fishing

sitting at computer

making dreamcatchers

sleeping

watchin tv

Sleeping and eating......but unfortunately I do work!

I much much prefer summer over winter, but we do have a couple things I like to do in the winter:

snowmobile ride

ice fish

snow ski

I guess comfort activity would be using the computer...I don't like to sit still very long...if I'm awake, I'm moving and doing something.

Hmm, shoveling snow, making sure water buckets don't freeze to start but my recreation includes riding my horse on snow packed trails, hiking with the dogs, skijoring with the dogs, sledding, taking the minis for walks in the snow. I love snow banks that go over my head and just playing in all that white stuff. It's good for the soul.

My wonderful mothin-in-law gave me a snowmobile suit a couple of years ago. Previous to that, I would go out in the winter with two pairs of pants, two shirts, a light jacket and a heavy coat and still freeze. Now I love it when it gets REALLY cold with a couple of feet of snow on the ground and I'll go for a walk (with or without a horse) and take plenty of pictures of nature's beauty. And I'm so warm and toasty, too. I'll tramp thru the woods and look at animal tracks and just stay out for hours.

Then I'll come in for some hot chocolate and a zigsaw puzzle. I used to hate the cold, now I love it. (When you have the right tools, anything can be enjoyable)

My favourite winter activity is dreaming about spring lol. Not a fan of winter at all but I can appreciate the beauty of the snow covered countryside...when I am inside looking out at it ;).

OMG !! I HATE winter. I try to be outside as much as possible. I do more housecleaning, find stuff on the computer, watch my favorite TV shows, pretty much stay at home like usual.

I have plenty to keep me energized in winter with keeping the horses healthy; hauling water buckets, hauling hay, etc.

For comfort, if I'm not on the computer, I'm quilting.

Outdoors - Walking and playing with my dog. No bugs to bother us.

Indoors - Making beaded jewelry.

Gosh I used to do a lot of things in winter; skiing, snowmobiling, sledding, etc. ...but the older I get, the less I want be outside in the snow and temps at -30 without the wind chill, so for me as little as possible. Feed the stock and watering.... We have some solar water tanks, but they are getting old and 3 of them need water in them constantly and if you don't keep the snow off the front panel against the sun, they still freeze and dragging hoses around and getting them drained right is really one of the biggest struggles I have during the winter...
default_thud.gif
..... Mel just drives around on his tractor and moves snow..
default_cheekkiss.gif
...plus trying to keep him from doing anything harder than driving the tractor is hard in the winter and summer...men are stubborn, but I sure Love him!
default_wub.png

So no I don't enjoy winter, but I have always lived in harsh winter conditions so I guess I don't know any better...
default_rolleyes.gif

I just work inside, although on occasion we will go what the cutter races if it's not too cold. They are fun to watch, but on the whole I just do 6-7 months of waiting for summer to come again...
default_impatient.jpg

Enjoy your winter

Many Blessings,

Jenny

I'm kinda "bad" in the winter.

My favorite lazy time activity is lounging on the couch with H and our little dogs while he watches football and I listen to an audio book. If he'll rub my feet, it's even better!
default_yes.gif

With the horses, my honest favorite cold weather activity is giving them cookies and hugs. MAYBE this year, we'll actually put the sleigh runners on one of our EE carts and find something more industrious to do with minis in winter
default_yes.gif

I really enjoy winter. Most energizing activity would be sledding(providing there is snow) with my grandsons. Just deep breathing the fresh cold counrty air is energizing for me. My most comforting would be sitting on the hay in the barn watching the horses munch on their hay. I enjoy winter since there are no bugs and no heat.

I enjoy being out in the cold. Stacking wood for the stove, taking the horses for walks cleaning the barn, help my husband clean up the snow around the farm.

My indoor activities are cooking #1, cleaning out closets getting rid of the old things, taking a nap on occasion, wood working.

My favorite winter activity is sitting by the fire reading a book. I grew up in the Utah desert where winter meant MAYBE it would get to 30F at night. Now I live in the mountains and we get as low as -30F at night!

Hubby took me out on a snowmobile. It had hand warmers in the handlebars and I had on my new amazing MUCK brand boots so I didn't get cold. It was lots of fun.

I hate being cold... But I have to admit, winters here are beautiful. Especially along the river when there is a heavy fog then all the trees look like crystal when the sun comes out.

Latest posts

Back