Just back from our first show!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlesFamily

Reaction score
There was an open mini/pony show not too far away today put on by the Buckeye Miniature Horse Club. I decided that would be a great way to introduce the girls to showing. They did fantastic! I am so proud of them and proud of the boys, too. Even if they had come away with nothing, I would still be tickled pink with how the girls did their first time out. Olivia turned 12 today (great way to celebrate her birthday) and Madalyn is 8. I will post pictures as soon as I get them downloaded, but couldn't wait to share! Their results are below:

Olivia took Jinx in open halter geldings 34-38" and got 2nd.

I took Toy in that class and got 3rd.

Olivia took Jinx in youth geldings and got 1st!

Maddy took Toy in youth geldings and got 2nd!

Olivia took Jinx in youth showmanship 12 and under and got 1st!

Maddy took Toy in youth showmanship 12 and under and got 5th!

I took Jinx in adult showmanship and got 3rd!

The girls took both boys in solid color class and Jinx got 1st and Toy got 5th!

Their last class was halter obstacle. Maddy and Toy got 4th and Olivia and Jinx got 5th!

SO! In summary - Olivia and Jinx came home with three 1st place, one 2nd place and one 5th place. Maddy and Toy came home with one 2nd place, two 5ths and one 4th! Toy and I got 3rd and Jinx and I got 3rd. It was a great day and I couldn't be happier! Maddy gained so much confidence working with Toy today and they both definitely are hooked now!

Olivia and Jinx in youth halter.

44594_1597058209795_1336187099_1564733_64879_n.jpg

Maddy and Toy in youth halter.

44594_1597058249796_1336187099_1564734_6173303_n.jpg

Maddy working hard to get Toy to show.

41271_1597058729808_1336187099_1564736_4434545_n.jpg

Olivia and Jinx.

41271_1597058809810_1336187099_1564738_1368103_n.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!

Barbara

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!! It sounds like you guys had a wonderful time. Can't wait to see your pictures.

Laura

Thank you ladies!

Carolyn - Maddy is my heart kid with the same type of defect as your Blake! So there you go - in 8 years maybe you'll get a chance to get him into the show ring, too!
wub.gif

Fantastic!! THey look like little pro's out there. Have you been bitten by the show bug now? I know my daughter and I sure have
default_smile.png
Thanks for sharing!

Super! Thanks so much for sharing- this is what it is all about, IMO

Thank you so much for your nice comments! And, yes, I would definitely say they have been bitten by the show bug now. Olivia said to me yesterday, "This is so much fun! I love this!" I have to agree, but I also reminded her she needs to make sure she keeps that attidue regardless of whether she is placing in classes or not.

I was VERY proud of how my girls did and conducted themselves. For never having even been to a show, except for some brief viewing, and to be thrown in there, I was very proud. Also, we have traveled so much this summer the boys didn't get worked like they should have - but everyone seemed to come together very well.

I was just so excited! I had shown my quarter horses all through 4-H, and then showed minis during college and before the girls were born, so I felt like I had been waiting 12 years to see my girls in the show ring enjoying what I love, too!

Thanks again for looking!
saludando.gif

Barbara

Back