Just a smile for you

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scoopiedoo

Reaction score
This is the little girl that started it all here, she came to us as an abused and pregnant 2 year old. When she came, you couldn't touch her at all, she was just so afraid!! Well, my then non-horsey Mom took a shine to this little girl, wanted to earn her trust and did just that. When she started trying to rehab her, she needed something long enough to reach her and not get bit in the process, but slim enough that it did NOT resemble a 2x4, as that is what her previous owners were abusing her with. Our little dung fork worked quite nicely, and it wasn't long before Mum had her eating out of the palm of her hand.....quite literally! Well many years have passed now, and this sweet little lady has come full circle. Not only does she enjoy her humans now, that thing I mentioned about eating out of the palm of your hand....it's one of her favorite things. This silly girl started doing something that looked like she was smiling at Mum, so she decides that she's going to train her to smile on command for people. I finally captured a picture of her at her "finest" yesterday. Excuse the wooly yak look, she's dressed for the Northeast....
default_yes.gif
:

Here's Sassy, the product of my Mum's love and dedicated heart.

100_0026.jpg

Why anyone could abuse an animal i'll never know. Having an animals trust is an honor.

You are wonderful people for teaching this little horse that not all of us humans are out to hurt her. Your Mum's patience has paid off.

Look at that face, she is precious. She really is smiling! :bgrin

She is so lucky to have a good mommy! It is sooooo worth it to take time to gain the trust of those who haven't had it. Good for you for doing such a great job :aktion033: Mary

Amazing how LOVE can conquer all. I just can never under stand people who use their close fists, and call it training or teaching. If they can feel a fly on them, could you imagine a 2x4 :new_shocked:

Must of been trying to kill her. Just look at that smile now.
default_wub.png
:

100_0026.jpg

THERE'S MY GIRL For those of you who remember, this is my little mare who is hypothyroid I posted about her last year and many of you helped me with diet and encouragement. There isnt a soul who comes to our barn that doesnt get a smile of their own when Sassy gives them one of hers. It IS contagious. She has come from nasty little horse to the love bug of the barn. It took me over 7 months to be able to put hands on her and much longer before I could go in her stall without worrying about her kicking my head off. We will try to get another picture when we shave her beard in the spring. LOL. She is just one who has my heart but now there are many more. It has now been several years since she came here and still if someone picks up a board she is very afraid. Goes to the back of her stall in a defense posture so she hasnt forgotten and never will because of a cruel person who harmed her as a baby but she brings a smile to my face on a daily basis and I hope I bring one to hers as well.
default_wub.png
:

What a beautiful little smile! I just LOVE it.
default_wub.png
:

How wonderful that Sassy has come to such a great and caring home. Thanks for sharing that BEAUTIFUL smile - it has certainly brought a smile to my face!!
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

Now that is just darling!!!! What a heartwarming story!! You have definitely worked your trust and love on this little girl...how awe inspiring!!!

Oh Sassey! I just love this lady, Nita and you know it. I am so happy to see that smile I've heard about. Give her smootch from me too!

Oh, that smile, just melts my heart. I am so glad to hear that she has your family to love her now, and never have to worry again about being abused. Bless her heart. I just don't understand how some people can be so cruel either :no:

~Karen

default_wub.png
: look at that grin!! She loves you!

I have seen this in person and she truly does do it on command!! Cutest thing!!

Thank you all for your response to our girl. We love her dearly and we promise we'll show you another pic when she doesnt look like a yak from the northland.

Latest posts

Back