John's surgery

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy

Reaction score
I would like to thank all of those who have inquired about John's health.John had a stroke on May 20th & is blind in his right eye. He had surgery on the cartoroid artery on his right side on AUg 3rd. Came home on Aug 4th -- & was able to attend the Drayton sanctioned HOrse show on the 8th. SO I would say he is doing very well.

He still is short of breath, gets very tired quickly -- but has great color & is feeling much better .We won't be doing any more shows this year but Tammy CLose is finishing qualifying our 2 year old mare D&S Kristi Yamaguchi for us & if John is well enough, I will be going with Tammy to take Kristi to the Nationals this year. IF NOT, then Tammy will take her for us. Thank you so much Tammy.!!

We are so blessed to have all of the great friends that we have.

Kristi's first show was at Drayton & Joe came (ON crutches ) to show her for us. She was first in her mare class -- CHampion Jr. Mare & Reserve Grand Champion Mare so we were very pleased.

Scott came home for 2 weeks holidays from Alberta & spent the first 4 days here with Grandpa getting the horses clipped & feet done & came to show Deb & Bugsy for us & both the boys showed ET in his various classes.

The boys did us proud --we had 16 firsts,2 2nds 1 3rd 1 5th, and 4 GRAND CHAMPIONS & 3 RESERVE CHAMPIONS when the day was over.

Shelby came 3 days a week ever since John was ill & he trained Kristi under John's watchfull eye & did a super job but was unable to be at the show .

Our kids & grandkids have been turning up unannounced to cut grass, clean the barns,train horses,do feet and drive John to various Dr. appointments.

Brad (son-in-law) put in a new set of stairs for me into the hay mow.

God certainly blessed us with a marvellous family & I am extremely grateful to them all but especially to the kids who so freely geve up their spare time to help us out.

Thanks again to all of you that have inquired as to John's health -- I have not had the time to respond to each of you & my computer was in the shop for 3 weeks so am just back on line.

Have a wonderful day. Thanks again. Amelia & John Murray

Last edited by a moderator:
Amelia,,

I missed that John had been down. I am very happy to see he is doing much better. And it sounds like you have a wonderfully supportive family to help, that is awesome!

OH, Amy so very sorry to hear about John and his illness. Glad to hear that he is bouncing back and that I might see you at Nationals again this year. John you are in my prayers for a continued recovery.

I did not hear about his stroke either, so glad to hear he is doing better. Hopefully get to see you both at Nationals this year.

I did not hear about his stroke either, so glad to hear he is doing better. Hopefully get to see you both at Nationals this year.
Hi Terri -- no John will not be going this year -- too soon after his stroke & surger to go across the border for medical insurance to cover him. However, IF he continues to do well, I will be coming with 1 mare.

john was out driving a horse today and really enjoyed it. He looked so happy driving in the cart.I was glad he was able to enjoy it again.

john was out driving a horse today and really enjoyed it. He looked so happy driving in the cart.I was glad he was able to enjoy it again.

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
It's obviously true, then, that saying about the outside of a horse being good for the inside of a man. I'm so glad John was able to get out and drive! (I hope you received the email I sent yesterday.)

Well then Amy I will have to give you two hugs, one to take home and give to John. See you there.

Amy I am so sorry to read this but so happy John is doing well!

Kay

Glad to hear John is feeling better and out driving is definitely a good sign. Hope he continues to improve and enjoy his horses. It also sounds like you both have a wonderful family and it's so nice that they come to help. Hope you can make it Nationals.

Amy So glad to hear that John is feeling better and is out driving. Hope he continues to get better and that you get to go to Nationals.

Yvonne

Latest posts

Back