Jingles for my stallion, Royal, please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh no Matt!!! I sure hope Royal pulls through ok!!!

Lots of jingles coming your way!!!!

~kathryn

Darn, I sure hope things get better for him
no.gif

default_unsure.png
I was hoping to find things were better. He is in my thoughts.
default_pray.gif

Prayers coming from across the pond - hoping for better news today!

Anna

pray.gif
OMG I was hoping to hear better news.... I'm so sorry that your having to go through this and please know that "Royal's" in my prayers.

I am so sorry. Hope to hear really good news. When we had a mare with colitis our vet gave her a okra paste that helped her firm up her stools. But I am sure Royal is being taken good care of!!!

Thank you so very much, everyone. Reading all your messages warms my heart and gives me hope. I'll be hearing from the vet this morning and will update you all.

I am so sorry. I keep praying he will recover. I know your heart is breaking over this right now and I pray it will all turn around for you. I will continue to pray he shows progress this morning and will be able to come home to you where he belongs.

Marie

continuing to send prayers and hugs your way and Royal's. Hoping the vets give better news today and he show improvment....
default_pray.gif

Just got off the phone with the vet. Royal has gotten worse overnight. He is defecating water. They can't get him hydrated (they're giving massive amounts of IV fluids). His glucose level shot up with the nutrition they were giving (evidence of insulin resistance). He's also showing signs of getting toxic. They are pulling him off of the antibiotics (vet is concerned about the flora in his gut). We've decided to see what happens over the next 24 hours...

Did they ever try the Bio-Sponge? I was just reading an article at The Horse about the effectiveness of Bio-Sponge in treating colitis and severe diarrhea in horses.

Matt, I'm so sorry the news wasn't better. I'm praying him (jingles, jingles) and for you during this terrible, terrible time. My heart is breaking for you. You are the perfect horsie daddy and you've done everything right and always do. You guys don't deserve this. Hugs to you and yours.
wub.gif

Tons of jingles for your stallion..when l first read he had Colitis l felt very sad for you remembering one of the mares shortly after foaling a few weeks back came down with Colitis. After the fat started to come out with her pee it didn't take long till she was toxic and she started to shut down. Jingles to your guy it's heart breaking to go from healthy to that stage in a short time but there's always hope and you have lots of that on here. Good luck l hurt for you.

Latest posts

Back