Jingles for my stallion, Royal, please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt ,

I have a 3 yr. old that was gelded at the State Vet Hospital facility last year because of crypto......(spelling) and he developed colitis as well . All the symptoms as your man , and they were quick to administer antibiotics . However , they didn't give Bio-Sponge till I urged it . Results were quick , we measured progress by how HIGH the stool marks were and when they reached the stall floor in a recognizable pile , LOL !!

Matt ,

I have a 3 yr. old that was gelded at the State Vet Hospital facility last year because of crypto......(spelling) and he developed colitis as well . All the symptoms as your man , and they were quick to administer antibiotics . However , they didn't give Bio-Sponge till I urged it . Results were quick , we measured progress by how HIGH the stool marks were and when they reached the stall floor in a recognizable pile , LOL !!

Thanks. I'll see if they're using that.

Just heard from one of the vets. He's not doing very well, still. He's still dehydrated and is starting to show some fat in his blood serum (beginnings of hyperlipidemia)...They are going to start him on antibiotics (they haven't started him on them until now because they can actually make things worse with colitis, so they were seeing if re-hydrating him an other suportive measures would help first) and supplementary feeding IV. Hopefully he stabilizes over night. It not looking good... Suggested the bio sponge and they'll discuss that too. I trust that they are doing all they can for him...They also are trying to keep him comfortable with banamine, too. I'm so worried about my little man
default_no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping for better news in the morning Matt. I know how worried you must be.

Hugs and prayers....

Carol

That is how we lost my beloved Spuds.
default_sad.png

The vet here pumped him full of antibiotics first thing. He didn't stand a chance. Even a bigger hospital up north couldn't save him.

I'm glad Royal has the best of care with your vets.

I'm praying for your boy Matt.

You got it, Matt......Sending some positive 'stuff" .....

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Royal.

Oh Matt, I was hoping to hear better news. Some young whipper snappers should take some notes from you. You try to do everything right and issues still arise. It just doesn't seem fair.

I am still sending lots of good thoughts and prayers your way.

Latest posts

Back