Jerald show carts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace67

Reaction score
Did you opt for painted or stained wooden shafts for your Jerald show cart? Is there a preference for showing in breed shows or is it just personal preference? What looks best with many different colors of horses?

We have one painted and one dark stained. Both look very nice. Our painted one is black with a pinstripe. I think black is a good universal color for any horse, just as black harness is universal. I think the stained cart could look well with just about any color horse also; but since ours are blacks and grays (white), both carts look equally well with either. Just a matter of preference I guess.

Right. The black is the color acceptable for about all horses while the stained one looks better with certain colors. For instance my bay mare is really a Dark bay and I thought the stain would look nice but rolled one up to her and the browns sort of clashed. The stains can come in light "natural" or dark stain.

Back