jayne

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding the trailer issue: Like Alicia said, they make warmblood and draft size trailers. I have actually hauled him in a warmblood size trailer and he did fine. At 17 hands he's not really taller than warmbloods, just a lot bulkier. I don't have the ability to haul him and don't really take him anywhere as there are plenty of places to ride from home. When we moved from Oregon to Washington (about 400 miles), I had all my horses hauled by a professional hauler. I told her what the load was going to be (2 minis, a pony and the clyde) and she brought a stock trailer and put Bail in the big area up front and he was able to totally turn around in there. The other three went in the back portion and it worked out fine. For the frequent rides to the beach when we lived in Oregon, I just bummed a ride with a friend who had a 17:2 canadian warmblood and those two rode in the three horse just fine. You just make it work.

I hope it never happens (knock on wood) but if I had a veterinary emergency, they'd just have to come here. Luckily, we have at least two good equine vet clinics with mobile vets within an hour of here.

As usual, I gave more information than was asked for! Sorry! Thanks again for all your nice comments. It's fun having a horse that's a little different.

Jayne

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back