I've made my mind up i'm going to have a ...........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormo41

Reaction score
Has any one ever done this before? do you have any tips or ideas for me? I was thinking that i would make a cake thats safe for puppies and a human cake for our people guests, and loot bags for all the dogs that come with treats and a small toy. My brother got me some agility stuff for x-mas so i thought it might be fun to set it up and let the dogs play with it (my dog loves the tunnel),

If anyone has a dog safe cake recipe that would be really helpful!

(no me and my boyfriend don't have kids, and don't get the chance to have people over a lot
default_laugh.png
)

oh and just for fun who thinks I'm crazy?
default_laugh.png
I do!

We've found a great cake to share with dogs, people & even horses is

Plain Angel Food Cake and some whipped cream.

This is what we give when celebrating birthdays here.

Hope you have a great party!

This is a cool idea.

As we are from Hawaii, when Kam reached his one year mark we had a puppy luau as is celebrated in Hawaii for one year old children. We invited several human freinds of Kams but no other dogs (it was his day in his house). As he had already impacted many people, we had quite a few freinds over. Kams cake was a flat 1 pound patty of raw hamburger. He seemed quite pleased with that. Then he got to open his presents. Even at Christmas time it was Kams self appointed job to open everybody's presents, not just his own.

Was a wonderful and still cherished day.

Bb

We do this too! This is my German Shepherd girls 15th Birthday cake! I fried up some hamburger and rice, and used Cheese for frosting! Do you think she liked it??

DSC01817.jpg

DSC01825.jpg

DSC01845.jpg

That is a FINE cake! And a beautiful matron of the breed

I see that you were brighter than me and dispensed with the candle..... Very smart.

Aside from the unnoticed by him singing, I was able to be quick enough to grab it out of his maw before inhalation. No small feat with this police and schutzhund trained, and VERY quick mouthed dog singularly intent on having his cake and eating it too....

You asked for advice so I guess that would be the advice I would give. Unless your using beef flavored candles, don't bother.

And to cherish every moment.

Bb

I don't think you're crazy at all - I always celebrate my dog's birthday! Here are a couple pictures of her last spring with her hamburger cake and her birthday present. I like the icing idea...I will have to try that next time.

2008-AprilandMay077.jpg

2008-AprilandMay079.jpg

Our dogs are part of our family... so, of course we celebrate there birthdays.
default_wub.png
default_smile.png
Angel gets 2 parties, one for her approx. b-date, she was a rescue we found alongside the road,
default_no.gif
at about 6 to 8 weeks of age, and we found her on Jan. 15th. So, we have her birthday party with her doggie friends on Nov. 15th.
default_smile.png
and also make her a special cake on Jan 15.
default_smile.png
default_wub.png
If you go to a b-day supply store, you can buy a whole complete kit made up just for a pets special day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back