I've lost another one

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, gosh, Parmela, I am SO sorry. What a horrible time you have been having. My heart goes out to you.

ETA: I hate to even mention this, but on the chance that you or someone can learn from this: Did you ask your vet how much a necropsy might cost? I neglected to ask my vet when Max died, and just assumed it would involve a 2 hour trip to Tufts and a huge bill. What I learned a bit later was that our state University does necropsies for less money that it cost for burial. It pays to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so very sorry!
default_no.gif
Big hugs to you!

I'm very sorry for your loss...you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so sorry for all you've had to endure lately ((hugs))

{{{{ hugs }}}} I am so very sorry this happened again, so soon.

I am so sorry. You have really been going through it. Hugs going out to you. Sometimes there are no answers and we just have to be still and listen. There may not be anything to hear but it doesn't hurt to listen. Sometimes silence is soothing and sometimes we just have to listen to ourselves cry. Again, I am so sorry.

Oh Parmela! I am so sorry you have lost another horse...how heartbreaking!!
default_no.gif
{{{hugs}}}

Thank you all very much for the support. It really does make a difference and means a lot to me.

Without going into too much detail or being too graphic, there is an update... My vet offered to take care of her body since I was pretty much emotionally drained. I do not own this property therefore I can not bury my animals here. I should also add that my personal belief about death, whether it be of a human or animal, is that once something dies their soul releases and they are truly gone from this realm. I believe the physical body is then empty. My vet had my permission to do as he saw fit. He called me a few minutes ago and said that he had done some very superficial investigation, on his own time, into her cause of death and he knows with 100% certainty that it was her heart. She exhibited signs of myorcardial infarction (sp?) / acute heart disease.

As someone else said of their horse, it looked like she dropped in her tracks. She crumpled directly downward, as I don't even think she took a step away from her hay. One second she was chewing, the next she was gone. I guess when it's my time to go if I can go that quickly I will consider it a blessing.

Thank you all again.

Oh Parmela! I was so shocked to see this post, I can't believe you lost another one of your "babies" I am so truly sorry.
default_no.gif

I'm so sorry... you've had more than your share lately. Glad you got some answers, at least to confirm your suspicions. We've lost a couple in the last year who both also died very suddenly. What your vet found kind of confirms my thoughts as well.

Jan

Oh my gosh, I am just sooooo sorry! This has not been your month at all!! I hope it is also over- they say this stuff comes in 3's but geez..... Big hugs to you and yours.

OH goodness Parm. I am so very sorry this is happening to you. I met Rhythm years ago and she was a super chunk back then with such a pretty face. I am so glad you got to work this out with your vet too so you know what happened. Try to find some peace somewhere that she went quickly. My condolences.

Oh Parmela I am so very sorry for your loss, this sure has been a rough few weeks. I hope you find some peace knowing she didn't suffer and I agree, what a way to go!.

Hugs Renee

RIP Rhythm, run free and far.

Latest posts

Back